egg donation

beauy1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 pm 
Post subject: egg donation
Hi everyone i was wondering if you lovely ladies could help me please.
I am interested in donating my eggs before i get sterralised and was wondering what people think, i have been on another site and was made to feel like it was like accepting the plague accepting eggs.
Could me doing this help someone towards costs as i've heard about egg share but never egg donation reducing the cost/waiting list for a couple/person.
Sorry to ramble on but i am passioate about this and would like some advise as i am being made to decide if i want sterralisin straight after i have this baby.
Doddsy
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun
I don't know anything about egg donation but i don't see why you would have to do this before you get sterilised?? Getting sterilised won't interfere with your eggs hun xxx Be really sure you want to get sterilised too hun, i regretted mine after 5 years and had to have it reversed at a cost of nearly 4000 xxxx
beauy1
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
ClaireDodds wrote:
Hi hun
I don't know anything about egg donation but i don't see why you would have to do this before you get sterilised?? Getting sterilised won't interfere with your eggs hun xxx Be really sure you want to get sterilised too hun, i regretted mine after 5 years and had to have it reversed at a cost of nearly 4000 xxxx

Hi hun i do want to get sterralised as i now have 8 children, 1 on the way and 3 angel babies, i have my babies at 26/27 weeks so this will be my last lo if i could i'd have more.
Doddsy
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing Point taken hun. Good luck xxxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

i've done ivf, and also donated eggs. I felt i had done some thing good to help a couple that couldn't have children naturally. Any questions just ask.

You need to be under 35 years old and they will test you for carrying anything genetic. You also are unknown to the recipent couple and anonymous, but the law changed in Apr 05, and they now have to hold your name on a database should the child want to investigate it parentage when it reaches 18.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
wow wha a cool gift to give .......anyone who makes you feel like an outcast is not thinking of the bigger picture ............if you can do it then do .....i wanted ivf in stead of haing my sterilisatio reversed and only had enough money for 1 cycle and couldnt have the option of egg share so it was surgery for me but if i could id of dont it time n time again

take care
x x x
lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

When we looked into IVF & egg share we were told you have to be under 35 and have a BMI of below 30 (not be overweight) and that the children who could result would be able to find out who their biological mother is when they reach 18. I think this is an amazing thing to do for someone - we all know how difficult it is to want kids and not have it happen, you could make dreams come true and make a real difference to peoples lives - it's not often in life we can make such a difference. I don't think it reduces the cost for the couple getting the donated eggs but if someone donates their eggs they can get a free IVF cycle.

Go for it ! Very Happy Very Happy
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
JayK
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi thats a really thoughtful and unselfish act. There are many women out there who's only way of having a child is using another womans eggs, especially for those women who have gone through early menopause or for other reasons. I don't know much about donating but i have been looking into egg sharing as I may consider this if I am not successful naturally.

I guess it is something to think about quite seriously but if you do decide good luck with it all!

Smile
ClairaBell
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I think its wondeful that there are people out there willing to donate their eggs for those that are struggling to conceive. You are wonderful. xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular