Scan Advice

mrsI
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 pm 
Post subject: Scan Advice
Hi, Im having my first scan on wednesday next week, i will be 19 weeks gone by this time and it will be my first ultrasound of this pregnancy (had two previous miscarriages so have had scans in the past, but at around the 8 week mark).

My question is do i need to have afull bladder whilst being scanned? I want to know so that i can fill up on water before the scan if necessary. I noticed when the midwife used a doppler to listen to the babys heartbeat earlier this week, that i did not have a full bladder.

I would also like to know if i can get more than one copy of the ultrasound image (as i want to keep one and give one to my mother)? I am perfectly willing to pay for the images.

Thanks in advance for your replys .
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 am 
Post subject: scan
Hi mrsl,

Its been a long time since i had my daughter as she is now 11 yrs old and im now 7 wks with my second...but yes i do believe you need to go in with a full bladder as it pushes the womb further up into the abdomen so they can get a good view of baby.
I also believe that you can have more than 1 copy of the picture, some places charge a small fee but its not much and its definately worth it!
Hope it all goes well for you.

Dawn Very Happy
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

NO you don't need to have a full bladder now,it's all changed...I've 6 weeks left now..My last pregnancy was 9 years ago & this is what i was thinking with this baby on my first scan...

You need to take your pregnancy notes with you.They should take a blood sample from you just before you go through for your scan.I think they do a urine sample to?

Karen....
ang111
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am 
Post subject: Pictures
You can have as many as you like we had to pay 2.00 per copy. Yes full bladder is better.

Thanksxx
yummymummys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Well i am due in march 2008 and they have always told me to have a full bladder for scan Confused
bobs30
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:45 pm 
Post subject: full
hi this is my 4th pregnacy my other 3 are all under 3half my youngest is 10 months. you need a very full bladder am afaid to say iam hoping to have my 1st scan around or just after xmas i love seeing them on screen but cant wait to use the loo.
katyanne81
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
yes, I was told to make sure I had a full bladder for my mid term scan, very uncomfortable when you're dieing for a pee and someone is pressing down hard on your stomach!
mrswolfbane
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
i had to have a full bladder for my scan the other week and another thing i had to pay 5.00 for each scan picture so the price varies in different hospitals so make sure u take enuff money in the case its as high as my hospital and good luck xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:27 pm 
Post subject: xx
on my letter that i got it told me to have afull bladder or the scan may be rearranged and scan copys was 2.50 xx
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Just had my first scan today (at 12 weeks) very exciting and wonderful to see the baby. Yes, I had to have a full bladder, which was very uncomfortable. But they gave me a letter there and then about my 20 week scan, where they have said I don't need a full bladder, I guess because the baby will be bigger. I had to pay 2 per photo, but we intend to scan and copy ours for family and friends now we've got them. The sonographer actually gave us 6, although we only paid for 2, she was really nice. Good luck with yours if you haven't already had it,

LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular