HELP - WILL I CONCIEVE?

stel08
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: HELP - WILL I CONCIEVE?
hi everyone!

Me and my fianee have been together for 2 and half years now, we live together and we nautrally come to the decision that would like to start a family. I stopped taking the pill on sunday night and im worried that i will not become pregnant. I have read on some websites that you should wait 2-3 months when coming off the pill to start TTC, is this true? I also read that you should wait until you fnished a pill packet and until you have had an normal period, again, is this true? Please help me, we are really desprate for a child

Thank you for taking the time to read this
Estelle xx
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi Estelle.

Firstly the recommendations regarding the pill are just that, recommendations. I had this discussion with my doc a few months ago so do know a little bit about this. They recommend that you go to the end of the packet just to help with your cycle and they also recommend that you dont start trying straight away but this is only really to avoid disappointment as during the first few months the chances of becoming pregnant are slimmer as the pill is still in your system. I came off in December and started trying straight away. No BFP as yet but Im hopeful there will be something soon. I think it is down to you to decide what you feel comfortable with. If it seems that your af is regular once coming off the pill and you feel well enough in yourself then just go for it. As far as I am aware and according to my doc there are no real medical concerns with trying as soon as you stop the pill. Fingers crossed for you. xxx
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:58 am 
Post subject:
hI There

me and my partner have been trying for a lot longer and currently going through IVF so you could say that we made it to the end stage

i know all about those feelings and i know that its hard...
you and your partner are just starting out sweetie and when you come off the pill your body takes time to adjust .. the worse thing you can do is panic and worry about it... let nature take it's course .. just enjoy time together and if you feel that you want to chat about it .. you can chat to me Razz

take care and relax xxx
jo2309
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
hey i stopped the pill mid-way through a packet in november 07 and tried that month and tried in december too but no luck, i then went back on the pill for a few months because we got a holiday booked in september and cudn't fly if i conceived in january.

I came back off the pill after completing the packet in early march, and had first natural af on april 8th, im due any time around now nd im just waitin to see Very Happy if i have been lucky.

they say it can happen anytime from wen u stop the pill but dont be too disheartened hun unfortunately these things take time, just keep trying u neva know u mite be one of the lucky ones. x

stel08
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
thank you all so much for your comments! I know ive only just started out but im a very impatient person lol n get easily worried about things! I will become a regular to this forum i think Very Happy does anyone know if fertiliy can be heritary? xx
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
You will def become a forum addict!! Everyone is here is so great and it really helpful to have people to talk to who are in the same position as you. Fertility problems can potentially be hereditory but it comes down entirely to the X & Y Chromosome. So if for example the X is infertile but the Y is not then you do still have a good chance of conceiving as the Y may outweight the X.....if that makes any sense at all!!!

If you are new to the whole trying thing i would def recommend getting a few basic books and magazines. I even buy magazines like Mother and Baby and Pregnancy and Birth as they all have interesting facts. xxx
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Yes it does make sense thank you! Something strange happened this morning, i came on my period?, i finshed my last period only a week ago, is this because ive come off the pill and my body naturally thinks i must need a period? xxx
Lynds2401
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:39 am 
Post subject:
Hi Stel.
I was told when i conceived my first, that there was no need to wait 2-3 months after comimg off the pill, and your hormones are higher and there is a higher chance of successfully conceiving. And also major fertility expert who's book ive read, advises not to wait! Having said that, I had one cycle and started trying, and fell second month. We are now ttc Number 2, but no success yet- had m/c 2 months ago, and af arrived last week.
But good luck hun, just enjoy all the bd- ing. xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular