control crying to sleep

shanghaimum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 am 
Post subject: control crying to sleep
how long is reasonable to leave them control crying? I understand about the checking on them process and not picking them up, but my very determined 18 month old has been 'control crying' now for 2 and half hours and still no signs of letting up.
molly1973
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:56 am 
Post subject:
awww bless her, i had the same problem with my 2 year old daughter, 1st night was 2 hours, but everytime she cried i went to her and put her in bed, up and down like a yo yo, in the end we put a tv and dvd player in her room with in the night garden on really low, and on repeat! and it works, a little noise in the background and not too dark. now she goes to bed no problem so far!! and when she wakes in night i just say in bed and top up her drink, and change her bum all in bed, and she goes back to sleep again, hope that helps good luck xxx
shanghaimum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:12 am 
Post subject:
thanks - yes finally asleep, 2 hours and 45 minutes later... wonder if tonite will be just as 'exciting'.... thanks for the kind words
molly1973
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:17 am 
Post subject:
i do understand i had nearly a year off sleeping on the sofa, and in the end i was at my tether with it all, so good luck and persist with it, they do they give it a week! but as i said to them its not their child crying ha ha xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular