Phantom Symptoms?

sharonkelly
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm 
Post subject: Phantom Symptoms?
Hi there,

My partner and I have only been trying for a couple of months and I keep experiencing symptoms of pregnancy - but I'm not pregnant. The same thing has happened last month and again this month.
I've been getting classic symptoms - going to the toilet more often, feeling sick and tired. My periods have always been on time and predictable. Last month I was 3 days late and was only on for 1 day - they normally last 4-5 days. I've been keeping track of my cycle and I'm due on today. I've had no period pain like I normally do and have only had the smallest amount of brown discharge first thing this morning, nothing since. I hate sitting roung wondering so I did a pregnancy test but it was negative. It wasn't a digital one or a first response one, so I don't know if maybe it's too early?

Does anyone have any advice and / or words of encouragement? I could really do with some Sad

Thanks x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
You might just have a low Hormone Level, wait until another 3 days and do another test.

If its still negative and your not on then make an appointment to see the doc.

Good luck and let us know xxx
sharonkelly
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Will do, Thanks x x
KJ24
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Hiya,

I think i'm going through the same thing as you. I have always had regular periods and since august they have been all over the shot. Last month I was 8 days late I was getting so excited but one day I was in a lot of pain around my stomach went to the quacks and explained what had been happening. She had already asked me to do a HPT it came back negative but she is convinced i have got gallstones not pregnancy. She believes 100% in the HPT's. That was 3 weeks ago I don't believe in HPT's fully after hearing everybody else's experiences on here. Later that same day I came on Sad but my period only just lasted 2 days. She had me sent off for a scan to check for any abnormalties in the gall bladder and that,which I had yesterday but lately I have been feeling more an more pregnant. Me and my partner were hoping the hospital would be able to tell us more from the scan but they told me I would have to book up with my G.P in the new year and talk through the results of the scan then. THAT'S WEEKS AWAY!

How do you convince your doc you think you are pregnant. I don't have confindence in my doc she actually is useless prior to this appointment too.

My symptoms are these:

Feeling sick, tired, very very sore breasts, mood swings (for weeks now) swollen stomach, urintaing more.

Anyone got any ideas. I'm due on again on the 18th, we are now in month 5 of ttc. Short of getting a positive HPT test I won't find out if I am for definate cos my docs want proof to warrant a blood test.

Sad Sad Sad
sharonkelly
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

It sounds like you are really going through the mill. I don't think your GP is being very fair on you at all. How can they expect you to wait till after new year for the results of your scan?! Is there any chance of you seeing another doctor?
I think it's weird that we can have regular periods for months, even years, but as soon as we start ttc they start playing up.

I know you're in for a wait, but I really hope that things go well for you and you get the result you're hoping for.

Keep me posted x x x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular