confused!!!!!!

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:10 pm 
Post subject: confused!!!!!!
I was kindly given a travel system by my aunty and have just tried putting the car seat into my car only to find it does not fit!!!!
I have a Nissan Micra 2003. I am compleatly confused by all the different types of car seats there are and was just wondering if there was a nice simple website that would tell me what car seat will fit my car?!
Many thanks, a very stressed out first time mum to be!!!!!!!!!!
josmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject: britax fit-finder
Hi
We had the same problem. I spent ages researching car seats before our little boy was born and had decided exactly which one I wanted. Then my husband and I went into mothercare to look and the seat I wanted just did not fit (or only on the front seat anyway-not very flexible). We ended up trying several seats (the lady in mothercare was very helpful) and found a couple that fit. However, we didn't buy one then as I wanted to research the ones that fit to see about safety. One of them was a britax, so I went to their website and they have a fit-finder on there:

http://www.britax.co.uk/

You just put in the age of the child and the type of car and it comes up with possibilities. Do check the details though as they mark each seat in the car with a symbol against it, so it might not fit every seat.

I would recommend going to mothercare or halfords as you can get seats fitted by someone who is trained to check if the seat fits correctly and safely, but don't feel obligated to buy from them. I went home and found a brand new one advertised on eBay and being sold by a Landrover company near where we live, so my husband went and picked it up directly. It was half the price in mothercare!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular