Very confused, is this normal?

Kelly08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 pm 
Post subject: Very confused, is this normal?
Hi everyone

Sorry but I haven't been on here for a long time, you know what it's like, you just don't get time to do anything apart from looking after your child.

My 15 month old son is doing a weird thing with his bum, he lays down on his belly with his hands in front off him and his bum is going up and down, he's not crying or anything he seems to be concentrating, does anybody else's baby do this, is this normal? He has been doing this for a while but recently he's doing this quite a bit, sometimes he will lay there for a good 10-15 minutes, have a break then go back to it. Also he has just started to do this in public places, which as you can imagine can be abit embarrassing.

Can anyone help, I'm very confused.

Kelly
lisaloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
My son does this the opposite way but not in public places yet!!!!

Don't know why either though! Sorry!
Kelly08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
I am wondering whether it's a comforting thing, I really don't know. I even changed his brand of nappies the weekend because I thought maybe pampers are making him itch, but no still doing it!!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Isaac does a thrusty thing with his groin on back and front. I thought it was his efforts towards crawling and mobility, as he's getting closer to crawling every day. Is your lo mobile?
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Yes he's walking practically running, I have noticed the last few days he's not doing it as much, so hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
bigmama8607
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
my 19 month old does that! i thought it was weird too, but hearing that other kids do it too must mean its quite normal (even though its still a bit random lol)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular