Right age/time to start a family

Bam
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:21 am 
Post subject: Right age/time to start a family
So i'm 21 years old, and I am ridiculously clucky, SO is my husband.
But I always felt that I shouldn't start a family until I was around 25 or 26.
When IS the right time, to start a family... ?

Is it based on finances, or can it be based on what you and you partner really want...??

any feedback would be much appreciated!
Suzannex
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:06 pm 
Post subject: ..
Well... to be honest no individual is the same, everyone is ready in thier own time. You find some arnt ready till thier in thier 30's yet i kno a girl who had a child at 16 and my god she is the most amazing mother.

I really hate the fact that people have to think of money before children, i know its how it is these days but its a horrible thing to have to consider if you dont have the best job in the world isnt it. I rekon if you and ur partner are ready, have experienced enough life and feel its time to have a child then why not?

Yes these issues come into it, but when your ready you know your ready! and to me, thats the only thing that matters!!

xx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Im 21, Ive got a big mortgage and basically cant afford to have a baby, but me and my partner just wanted one so much. So.. now im 10 Weeks pregnant.

People say you can never really afford a baby but you just seem to cope.

Go for it, let me know what you decide xx

p.s You do get tax credits, maternity pay and other bits like freebies, which helps a tiny bit.
puss2
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
only you know in yourself when your ready... ask yourself, are u ready for the responsability and ups and downs that come with it. are you ready physically and emotionally for it? how about ur relationship with your patner and are you both ready to commit to it yet? obviously money is an issue sometmes but you can get help such as tax credits, child benefit, council tax benefits, maternity pay/allowance, maternity grant, etc. do some homework and find out online and at jobcentre, dwp and hm revenue&customs what you may be entitled to. also, by budgeting you can make money go further. it isn`t all bad... the sleepless nights may be tiring but believe me, its the best job in the world and i wouldn`t change it for no one!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular