NEVER LEAVE BABY ALONE IN HOSPITAL

kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:15 am 
Post subject: NEVER LEAVE BABY ALONE IN HOSPITAL
HI all,

Not sure how many mums know this but i wanted to bring it to everyones attention just incase some new mum haven't been informed...

When you have given birth if at all for some reason the baby has to leave the delivery suit
DO NOT LET THE BABY GO ALONE...MAKE SURE YOUR BIRTHING PARTNER GOES WITH THE BABY....This is the time when babies can get switched...

So please be careful...

Karen.....
mrswolfbane
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
arnt parents worried enuff with out this adding to it they get bands as soon as they are born in many hospitals i find it odd some1 wud take these off and swap them round tbh
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
You do hear stories though, thanks for the warning. I told my partner and he said hes going to stay with our baby the whole time, until he or she comes to me x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:41 pm 
Post subject: xx
i read this n really had a panic attack. the birth seems scary enough i never new this thanxs for high lighting it, obvisly its not common but its better to be safe. xx
Murph
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, it has happened in the past but how rare? And what about mothers who have sections under GA - they can't have birth partners in there with them.

This post, whilst prehaps intended to give helpfull advise, will do nothing but terriify new mums to be.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
please dont panic theres no need the chances of a baby been switched are one to zero most uk hospitals put ur baby in ur arms if ur going to be moved ur only seperated if the baby needs special care and im sorry but they put several bands on ur child 1st and put u matching ones on

this only is shown in tv and very very rarly happens in real life so theres no point panicking
Sakura
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:14 pm 
Post subject: never leave baby alone in hospital
hey, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, just that when i was in hospital recovering from the birth of my boy, a baby had tried to be taken but as others have posted, you and your nipper(s) are tagged and there are alarms everywhere, and as it happens when the alarm sounded the police and security guards were there so fast you couldnt believe it and thankfully baby was returned to its mum unharmed.

please, please dont think i'm scare-mongering coz im not i swear, as this is such an unlikely event but i think it goes without saying that when u have ur baby, as a mum you would never leave baby unattended anyway and plus, when anyone comes to visit you and newborn the hosps usually have CCTV outside labour ward (or at least they did at mine) and they grilled the people at the door coming to see you as to who they were, what relation etc before they let u in, so there are many precautions in place so please don't worry by what iv'e said, just wanted to say what i had experienced.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
they are very very well protected and ppl dont get far but the thing that got me is this post wasnt about ppl stealing kids but swapping them thats very very very rare.
i wud say some1 trying to take a child is more common than some1 switching one for another baby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular