Changing from breastfeeding to bottle feeding

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject: Changing from breastfeeding to bottle feeding
Hi all,

I haven't been on here since my son was born in March as I've had my hands full, but now I'm getting more time to myself I thought I'd get back on here. I hope all you ladies are doing well, particularly Petralou.

I've been exclusively breastfeeding since my son was born 8 weeks ago and I don't mind telling you all, it's been bloody hard work as I've had to contend with mastitis, infected areola (sorry for spelling), chest problems, the list goes on but I'm still glad I've done it. I want stop breastfeeding when he turns 3 months and I have no idea how to do it, does anyone know what the process should be, I realise it is a gradual process.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Also I've bought a tub of the Farleys 2nd milk for hungrier babies as he is one, do you think this is a good make or should I go for a different make?

Thanks
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Booter

Luckily I didn't have any problems such as mastitis, but I did find it hard the first few days!

I just started gradually introducing bottled milk, rather than breast feeding. Sometimes she would get a lil upset.

She recently turned 7months and I last breast fed her last Wednesday!! She was just having breast milk in the morning when she woke up. However, I decided I had to stop breastfeeding her, as she was just biting tooo much! So didnt want to experience what it was like when she had her top teeth!!

She still gets a bit upset and frustrated that she can't have breastmilk! I must admit I do feel a bit sad, as she seems so disappointed that she cant have any breast milk. But I didn't want to feeding her when shes a year plus!

I am soo pleased that I lasted so long, as at the start I really thought I was going to give up and turn to bottle milk, as she was feeding every 2/3 hours. It was hard work for 4months, but I'm glad a perservered.
alibongo78
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi boote I am a little confused.. did you say bay was 1? I thought u said he was 8 wks.. I would heavily advise not to use milk 4 hungy babies.. it is really not good 4 their little tummies.. basically its full of potato starch. My keyboad keys r not woking so cant do long post. google 'whey and casein based formula and you will get the info u need here.

Ali x
booter
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your responses. Yeah allbongo he is 8 weeks, sorry if I confused you, I was typing the post quickly at the time. Well done for your determination jewbell. I think I too will feel sad when I stop but I will be going back to work soon and have never found expressing successful due to the frequency of his feeding, sometimes it'll be every 2 hours and sometimes it'll be every hour.

Thanks again for your input
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi booter, how is your little man doing??

I am wanting advice on breastfeeding too, Kaitlin takes in so much air when she feeds, her wind is terrible, particularly at night, we are having a nightmare settling her as everytime she lays down, she gets wind and cries or is sick! I can hear her taking air in when she is suckling, but just cant get her to stop, i think ive probably not fed properly to start with, and shes picked up bad habits that she cant change now!

xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular