Im Pregnant-Im so happy but my partner doesn't seem to be???

kellyRxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject: Im Pregnant-Im so happy but my partner doesn't seem to be???
I am so happy that i am pregnant i am 10weeks gone now, but my partner doesn't seem as happy and neve talks about it,is anyone in same problem??
ClairaBell
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations.xxxx I am so sorry about your partner. Maybe its just shocl at the minute, I hope things get better for you. xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry you seem to be having problems with your partner. I would suggest that you need to sit down and talk about this and if there are any problems to air them now rather than leaving them unsaid. By ignoring them it will only make things worse!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you can sort things out and I look forward to seeing you again on AskBaby.com. xx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi kelly x Congratulations hun x i totally agree with sandy its best to get this off ur chest and talk things through x good luck sweet x were always here if u need a chat x

kellyRxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
thank you very much.....he says that he is happy, my mum says he might change once he sees it on the scan which is 1st dec i cann ot wait.
It might also be becuase in my family lately my sis has had 4 miscarrages and my friend found out fer baby was dead at her 1st scan, so i think he does not want to get hes hopes up....i mean on the first day i found out i was pregnant he was picking names but now he doesn't seem bothered.
ryleysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am 
Post subject:
hey hun x like u said he might be tryin 2 keep his distance just a little some men are like that.. soooo hopeing it gets better for u x good luck with the scan x Very Happy

moonhare
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say my OH was the same, and got better after the 1st scan, he was just scared. Now he's the best dad to Seren that I could have hoped for.x
kellyRxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:40 am 
Post subject:
thats good to hear...i know he will be a great dad.
i just feel abit alone with my joy at the moment.wel except for my mum who rings me everyday to make sure ive eaten...
i have been ill all the way through so far...could hardly eat anything and sometimes now still the same...but the bestthing is my taste buds are coming back..yey x x
toria12345
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject:
my partner didnt mention it to me for the first few weeks and i thought he wasnt keen on the idea but now he never stops.
i guess you both need time to get used to it

Nik31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kelly,

Congratulations and I'm sorry to hear about your partner, hopefully he will come round and maybe he is in shock or a little nervous at the minute. Either way I hope things improve for you both.
Claire1972
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations hun - hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xx Sorry to hear about your partner - I know mine was in a bit of shock after 11 months of TTC and he still every now and then says "Crikey, we're having a baby" - but can't keep the smile of his face. I'm sure he'll come round once you have the scan and everything will be fine.

Take care, cheers, C xx

wannababi
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:33 am 
Post subject:
IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY OH, WELL ITS NOT THAT HE'S NO HAPPY HE JUST WONT TALK ABOUT IT. HE SAYS THAT ITS BC WE GOT VERY EXCITED LAST YEAR AND HAD A MC AND NOW HE IS SCARED THAT THE SAME THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS TIME AND DOESN'T WANT TO GET HIS HOPES UP BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THAT. I THINK AFTER MY 12 WEEK MARK HE WILL BE MORE COMFORTABLE THEN. LETS HOPE SO. MAYBE UR PARTNER WILL COME AROUND TOO. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT YOU ALL PLANNED OR WAS IT A SUPRISE?
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
I'm Glad i am not alone, yes it was planned. i have spoken to him over the weekend and he says that he is very happy about it but like your OH said he doesn't want to get hes hopes up.....he just never talks about it and when i do he doesn;t seem to listen to me or be interested, so i hope and think that after my 12weeks he may start talking about it,which i am 12weeks next week YEH x x
Sixtrees
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's a thing that most men do, it doesn't mattter how long you have been trying all of a sudden the enormity of it all hits them. they worry that the baby will be ok, they worry that you'll be ok, the worry about money, they worry about how things will be after the birth, they worry about the same things that we do but they don't talk about it.

we jump on the comp or phone and within a few minutes there are others who are in the same situation as us or those who have gone through it and we get loads of support and advice but men don't chat to their mates about these things much, if at all.

I'd give him opportunities to talk to you about things and just listen and let him get whatever is bothing him off his chest. You could also point him towards some male forums for dealing with ttc and pregnancy such as paternityangel.com.

Good Luck.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular