Trying to Conceive

VIG
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:55 am 
Post subject: Trying to Conceive
HI, Confused
My hubby and I are trying to conceive our first child. Hopefully someone out there can give us some advice!!!!

I am trying to have sex everyday between the 10-15days after my last period, however my hubby is feeling as though he is not producing enough sperm to do this each day, and feels as though his sperm count rebuilds after around 2days.

How does everyone else feel. Is this normal????

Thanks
VIG
Suzannex
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:19 pm 
Post subject: ...
If for example you have a 28 day cycle then they say your most fertile time is around the 14th day after the first day of your period, but not every1 has a 28 day cycle.. and a common problem is missing days of ovulation.. but there are many ways to test this, you'll find loads of help on this site.

Also.. you dont HAVE to have sex everyday.. its fact that every other day is just as good, because it gives enough time for the sperm count to rise, sperm hangs around for up to 72 hours i think.

I've heard alot of women say this staying laying down for 20 - 30 mins after sex can help.

Il stop going on and on now as im sure you'll find alot of info on this site

Goooodddluck Very Happy

Hope your stay is short and sweet xx
ja43118
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
You dont HAVE to have every day - but why not? Try and make it fun - if you dont want to have it - then dont do it just to conceive. I keep telling my DH that I dont want it to be like a biology project but we are newlyweds who got pregnant in the first 2 months of trying. Sadly we had MC after 5 weeks (moving on - still emotional) - but we are starting again and fingers crossed.

Enjoy yourself - pretty soon there will come a time when you wish you could have sex every day!

Lots of love
JJ x
puss2
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
i would advise not to try to have sex everyday- the sperm count is more likely to be low as there wouldn`t be enough time to them to build up. also, it could turn sex, which is supposed to be a pleasure, into a chore and theres a chance that it could cause tension beetween you both. your most fertile days should be about day 12-18 of your cycle. keep an eye on any discharge you have- it usually turns thin and watery around the time your egg(s) are released. you may get a slightly raised temperature at around this time as well. sperm live about 72 hours, eggs 5 days. it would be better for you to have sex every two to three days from about day 10 of your cycle. try not to think about it too much- its important to be as relaxed as you can. go out or stay in on a 'date' just you and your man. talk about non baby subjects, have a laugh, glass of wine(not too much though!!!) and let the mood take you later on!!! sounds perverting but perhaps your efforts will be rewarded with joy good luck Wink
VIG
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 pm 
Post subject: Trying to Conceive
Hello,

Thank you to everyone that responded. I really appreciate all the advice I can get. At times like these it can be a struggle to talk to family and friends, as you don't want people to judge you or even to ask whether you are pregnant each time you see them..

thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular