IVF

Doddsy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:55 pm 
Post subject: IVF
I've just made this post for any new members who are maybe shy about starting a new post! xxx Didn't mean it was exclusive for new members though xx
icicles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: IVF
ClaireDodds wrote:
I've just made this post for any new members who are maybe shy about starting a new post! xxx Didn't mean it was exclusive for new members though xx
Shocked 51/2 weeks pregnant after 1st ivf there is hope anyone else just had a positive test/
Doddsy
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome hun
I hope you find this forum helpful and friendly.

I hope your pg is a happy and healthy one hun xxxx

Feel free to join us the ttc boards, or anywhere else on the site, you don't have to stay on this thread. Make a post on the trying to conceive and you'll get a really warm welcome xxxx
icicles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject: newcomer
thanks really glad to be a member.
redbunny
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject: Cancelled IVF
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help. I started my first IVF cycle last month but due to me overreacting to the drugs IVF was cancelled midway. AF was due to arrive last Tuesday but nothing, the week before, however, I had some light bleeding, mainly brownish but definitely not like a normal AF. Now I don't know if I will ovulate and therefore have a chance of conceiving naturally because the drugs might still be in my system. I don't know if my cycle started this month from the discharge of brownish blood or when AF was due even though she didn't arrive, I am doing the ovulation tests but no LH surge showing. Going to continue to do them and see what happens. Been trying to conceive for over 2 years and getting very frustrated. Really worried that the IVF drugs are messing up our chances of conception naturally, anyone have any thoughts on this? We have our next chat with a consultant in a few weeks but when we spoke to the nurses after the cancelled IVF they said the next IVF cycle would not be for at least 2/3 months to make sure the drugs come out of my stystem. If anyone has any advice on whether we are likley to conceive naturally after having all those drugs then that would be appreciated. We are BD'ing every day this month but worried it will all be in vain!! Sorry for the long rambling message, hope everyone out there is doing okay.
xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Redbunny,

Have you tested to check youre not pg hun? Just a thought. Are you charting? that might give you some idea. Not sure how long the drugs stay in your system, what were you taking? I know HCG stays in your system 1 day for every 1000iu dose, not sure about the others, but if your cycle was cancelled, your next cycle might just be a bit longer.

Julie xxxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
redbunny
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Julie

Thanks for your reply. Did a pg and it was a BFN! Sad. The drugs I was on was supacur from day 21 of cycle then menopur the week before egg transfer was supposed to take place. I really hope it hasn't messed up my cycle as we are trying really hard this month and don't want to have to go through IVF again just to be let down! Have never charted, not sure if I have the patience to keep it up to date every day! xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
I would've though that wouldn't affect you too much. I take it the supacur was the suppressant?
I don't know why they would make you wait 3 months - thats rather a long time. Usually the hormones are out of your system in about a month. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm sorry it was cancelled. Was it due to hyper-stimulation? Thats such a shame. How many vials of meopur were you mixing?

xxxxxx

AD2
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:23 am 
Post subject:
I got pregnant straight after my first failed ivf i did have a miscarrige but it just shows it does work so i would say you do still have a chance of doing it naturally.
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Julie, yes the supacur was supposed to shut down my system and the menopur to stimulate ovulation so more than a few follicles would be produced. I was mixing 6 vials of menopur which I thought was a bit much but thought the experts knew what they were doing. My scan after 4 days on the menopur showed 29 follicles!!! They cancel IVF if you have more than 20 follicles, they decreased the dosage to 3, then 2, then 1 but by that time it was too late as my hormone levels were so high. If they went through with the treatment I would have suffered from hyper stimulation so I guess they stopped to be on the safe side but we were so annoyed because they shouldn't have given me so much in our view. We have had all the tests going and the hospital have told us everything is normal so we really think they should have started low then increased if I did not respond. I was in floods of tears and very angry but after a few days I calmed down. I have been doing ovulation tests for the past 7 or so days and apart from one day when the lines were both similar and therefore an LH surge all other days have shown no LH surge, keeping my fingers crossed as we are BD's every day!!! What's your situation if you do not mind me asking?

Hi AD2, thanks for your message, I suppose there is some hope then. I am sorry to hear you miscarried, how are you getting on now?
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Redbunny,

I was pressured into having my tubes tied while married to my ex. I met and married my new OH shortly after and we decided we wanted a family together, so our GP pushed us towards IVF, although i really wanted a reversal. We did IVF beginning of 2005 with egg share at Care Sheffiled. It worked 1st time Shocked
And i had Cameron in Sep 05.

I didn't want to do IVF again, so had my tubes repaired in September this year and now we are TTC again.

I mixed 2 vials of menopur and had 11 eggs collected. If they had given me 3 i would've been able to donate to 2 couples not just one. 6 vial does sound an awful lot. As a thankyou, i went back in July the following year and did an egg donation cycle.

Julie xxxx

redbunny
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Juliewoo

2 vials?! Gosh, can't believe it. One of my first questions when we see the consultant is going to be why they thought I would need such a high dosage of drugs even though thier tests show that me and my DH are normal and that nothing appears to be wrong! So frustrating!! Fingers crossed the next attempt will be successful or better still we will conceive naturally during the wait but who knows! Otherwise we will be going to CARE too, we have heard really good things about it and the success rate is apparently quite high.

Good luck TTC, keep me posted xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Redbunny,

Yes, if i were you i'd be asking why so many to begin with. They usually start you off with 2 or 3, for the first cuople of days, then check your levels, scan you - then up the dose if you need it then.
Most clinics want to avoid OHSS like the plague. Its a health risk, wastes your time and money and means a delay in your treatment.

Can i ask where you had your treatment? Care has excellent sucess rates, that's why we travelled down to Sheffield from Northumberland Very Happy

Julie xxxxx

redbunny
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Juliewoo

Yes I am going to be very interested to hear what they have to say for themselves. I think we expressed our disappointment so much with the nurses when we were told it was cancelled we are now seeing the person who is apparently supposed to be our consultant. Her name is always on the letters but we have not seen her since all the tests began a year and a half ago. It sounds really bizarre that the consultant who is making all the decisions about your treatment proceeds can't even be bothered to meet you beforehand!

This was our first go on the NHS and because it was cancelled before ER / ET we get to have one more go for free. I really wish we went private to begin with but it is very expensive and we thought we would have a good chance of success given that we are "normal". You just take what the experts say as gospel, after all they are supposed to know what they are talking about but obviously not in this case!! I will also be asking why there was no after care. After my treatment was cancelled the nurses just said ring us when AF arrives for a follow up consultation. I have no idea what's happening with my cycle. They never told me what I should expect after it was cancelled etc. I know it's the NHS but we all pay taxes so we have / are paying for it in a way...so frustrating! My IVF was cancelled almost 6 weeks ago. As you know, I had some light bleeding (brown / reddish) for about 4 days a week before AF was due and nothing since then. Any idea when I should expect my normal cycle to return?

If it doesn't work the next time then definately going to Care.

Thanks for all your replies, it's one of the main things that is keeping me sane at the moment!!

xxxx
redbunny
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
I have now started my period, on the day I was expecting so glad to know my cycle has returned back to normal. Went to see the consultant and now been told I have polycystic ovaries so been put on the metamorphin. Going to try IUI privately next month then IVF again if no joy the month later.

Hope everyone is doing okay xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular