the pill

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:22 am 
Post subject: the pill
well ive decided now that i dont want another baby so close to andrew, for a whole host of reasons i dont want to go into, i know there is 2 types of pill that u can take and was wondering what 1 most of u take. ive never used anything other than condoms before so i wouldnt know.
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
It depends if you are breastfeeding. If you are then you can only take a particular one because the combined one can dry up your milk. Once you are not breastfeeding you can use the combined one which is more reliable, there are loads of brands, your dr will talk you through it all though if you want to go on the pill. I am on cilest which is a combined one and is good for me.

Hope you sort it out. LD

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
pre-pregnancy i was on the combined pill(microgynon 30) for about 7 years and never had any problems with it at all...it actually worked to make periods lighter and less painful...it is definitely what i plan to go back on to as soon as

christine82
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
I have been on Cilest for years, going to the docs tomorrow though so I am going to ask for the contraceptive patch instead because I keep forgetting to take my pill. The doc usually starts you on one type of pill and then when you go for your pill check they change you to something else if you are having any side effects such as lots of spots or headaches. Chances are though that you will be fine and stay on the same one until you come off it.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular