in lots of pain when expressing please HELP.

tammyrambo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:15 am 
Post subject: in lots of pain when expressing please HELP.
[b]hi everyone im new to this website, my baby is in neonatal unit and i am exprssing my breast milk via electric pump i have been doing so for 12 days now but it has been getting more and more painful to the point where i am considering stoppping as i cant take much more of this pain. i really dont want to stop but dont know what else to do please help.
shelleybaby
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i hope your baby is gaining in strength now. How are you getting on with the expressing? I brestfeed my baby and occassionally express, i find it uncomfrtable and struggle to get enough milk out this way. The most i am able to express is 4 ounces and that is only when my boob is bursting full! Rolling Eyes
loumark
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, my little boy was in neo natal in may for 5 weeks i tried expressing for about 3 weeks to satart off my son was on 11 mls milk every hour an i was only gettin about 10 mls every 4 hours i carried on when it was hurting but even after trying him on the breast it never helped with getting more or with it hurting so in the end he went on a bottle. if you ask them on the unit they mite be able to give you tips on what you could do. how prem was your baby?
x
umi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:18 am 
Post subject:
HIii... my 4th child is already 3 months old & I have been feeding my children with breastmilk & working in a firm. I have tried using pumps before but realized that it was so painfull. I end-up pressing my breast my my hand to squeeze the milk out and IT'S REALLY WORKING. Massage first your breast before expressing the milk. Please try & I hope it will works will you guys. I manage to get 8 oz of milk each time. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular