Once asleep, wakes up in crib

NayBelle
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm 
Post subject: Once asleep, wakes up in crib
My son is a month old and I want to get him to sleep in his crib. He'll fall asleep with me and than when I lay him down in his crib, he wakes back up and wont go back to sleep. If I put him in his swing after falling asleep he stays asleep. Is it too soon to put him in the crib? And if he's not too soon, what can I do to help him sleep in the crib?[/b]
AskBaby10820
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
my baby is a week old n dus that already
bt ive learnt a new way
i just put her on her side n then she stays asleep
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Why not try laying him down to sleep when he's really drowsy and not fast asleep. This way he'll be placed down almost asleep and you can stay with him and soothe him until he's dropped off.

Have you tried a baby sleeping bag - quite often this can work better than sheets as its easier to place your baby straight in his crib without moving blankets etc around and disturbing him.

Let us know how you get on.

Han

(Btw - unless otherwise advised by your dr its best to place your baby to sleep on his back)
jazzyrath
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:13 am 
Post subject:
hi there my partner and i have the same problem. We discovered that if we put a hot water bottle in the crib 5 mins before baby went in he settled better. We think its the chage in the heat of you nursing him and the colder crib makes them wake
mamasan78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject:
thanks for the tip ! i v e got the same roblem will give it a go!
annas
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
try a dream mover on ebay brilliant!!
FD
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Naybelle,

There are losts of things you can try - some of which have already been recommended
However I would try and get out the habit of rocking to go to sleep - it is a difficult one to wean them off espeically for the night sleep.

My suggestion to you would be to try a combination of things:
- swaddle - this will help him feel secure and prevent them from jolting during their sleep which tends t o waken babies up ( hence why they seem to sleep in cycles)

- Angle his bed so his head is higher than his feet - again a comfort thing but also closer mimics the position in the womb than lying flat

- Play white noise while puttinghim down and during his sleep - mimics the noise of the bloold whoosing inside you which he has had played to him 24/7 for 9 months!

I never tried the hot water bottle trick but I know it can help.

If you want more info on these you can at www.calmsleepingbaby.com

I hope some of these work for you.

FD

- get a routine in place and stick to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular