Weight Gain

ConnorsMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:20 am 
Post subject: Weight Gain
Hi everyone, I'm due on 18th October but not had 1sts scan yet. I'm pretty sure on dates though. Although my clothes have not got too tight, I have gained over 10lbs in weight in 1st 13 weeks!!!!

They reckon on about 5 lbs in 1st 12 weeks. Has anyone else put on mega amounts of weight or am I just a fat pig??
molly1973
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject:
hi ya lol i have 2 but its my 3rd child, i was in maternity clothes at about 8-10 weeks!! and they do say your more hungary in the 1st 12 weeks, so dont worry as long as your well, get ya self some bigger clothes gal good luck xxxx
Ruthy10
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
I'm too scared to step on the scales! Have tried to curb the fridge raids but have kinda come to the conclusion that I'm hungry for a reason so trying not to go mad but not stressing! Maybe it's just a big babino!!
XX Laughing
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:56 am 
Post subject:
I spent a long time losing a lot of weight about 5 years ago and since then have been obsessed with putting on half a pound!! Maybe I should throw the scales away and worry about it after!!
Husband is 6 foot 4 and I'm 5 foot 10 so it ain't gonna be small!!! LOL Shocked
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
i am huge and was in maternity at 8 weeks. this is my third baby. havent actually put on weight yet as sickness made me lose it at the start so im just put the weight back on now. im 18 weeks today and at my original weight nearly.
BurroughsL
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies.

I was in maternity clothes at 9 weeks and had to tell everyone i was pregnant as it was too obviouls - being a weight watcher for years previoulsy people were a bit suspisious of the bulging belly.

I put on 4 pounds in the first few weeks, and now at 18 weeks i havent put on anymore. I put it down to water retention. (althought, this is my first child so i dont really know) my sister in law is two months ahead of me but only just showing. i guess everyone is different. my belly is still getting bigger but the scales aren't changing.

During the first few months, i think you have to eat a) anything that will stay down and b) anything to take the sickness away - i felt like i lived on toast for the first 14 weeks!

i say relax and enjoy - give me one other time in your life when you can shout "bring on the googies" without feeling guilty - my excuse is always "Baby needs it"

XX
Sakura
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone!

yep iv put on a lot of weight with both my pregnancies - 1st one i put on 6 and a half stone and am currently overdue with 2nd and have put on 5 stone!! hopefully you wont put on as much as me!!

xx
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
hi sakura
i cant belive u have put that much weight on i only weigh 7 stone when im pregnant the most weight i have put on is half a stone Lol
Sakura
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
hi honie!

im soooooooooooo jealous! lol! i really hate it that ive put on so much weight both times. some of it is down family genes and some of it is prob because i was exercising loads and fitness instructing etc and i must admit i only ate 800 cals a day and then when i became preggy i started eating properly but developed quite bad dsp and so could hardly move around so wasnt burning much off. so my body was like waheeeeey FOOD!

but im one of these that doesnt just get a big bump, my entire body gets big - wrists, shoulders, neck, rings dont fit, iv gone up a few shoe sizes, my thighs, my arse, bingo wings, you name it its bigger - the only exception is boobs have stayed almost exactly the same, so i look quite out of proportion. i managed to lose most of the weight last time (in fact i lost 3 stone at delivery) and hoping to do it again this time!!

xxx
ConnorsMummy
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Further to my original topic, I am now 18 weeks and have put on 1 stone. Does this seem right or too much. I know everyone's different but I've read somewhere that you shouldn't really put anything on until the 7th month.

Also my boobs are huge (and saggy) does this seem right? Can anyone suggest comfortable AND supportive bras in G+ cup?? Does comfortable and supportive go together at this stage of my life??

So many questions, so little time to get answers!! I'm scared to death of having to spend the 1st year of my childs life worrying about losing weight instead of enjoying him or her.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Please dont stress about your weight!! Your midwife will guide you so just enjoy being pregnant. I put on 30kgs Crying or Very sad during my pregnancy and I still have 23kgs left to loose!! My son is now 6mnth old and because I had to bottle feed the weight is still hanging on. Eat healthy and often to curb the binge eating, swimming is a great way to keep fit and doesnt stress the body. God I wish I had listened when I was told that but my weight didnt hit me till the last 6wks so I got complacent! Sad LOL I know for next time now!! Have a great pregnancy Very Happy
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
im 33 wks and have put on nearly 4 stone when i spoke to my DR about this he said don't worry its the only time you can with a good reason it is hard though carrying all the extra weight and does make me get tired quite quickly xx
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
I've been going to the gym since about 10 weeks about twice a week. mw says it's fine what i'm doing so no stress. I must just be eating far too much!!

Can't stop eating sweeties, might try some of those sugar free Haribo??
DaisyElla
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
iv lost most of what iv put on throughout my pregnancy in the last few weeks with stress and worry and what not...

im shocked...i want to eat for 2 but i just cant seem to force myself to eat...xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular