what we really need

worriedmom
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject: what we really need
Hi!it would be really helpful if thera was information on development of premature babies.I find lots of info on the net about preemies after they are born,but what about their development after a few months.my baby is 6 months old and was born 2 months early and i don't know whether to compare her growth and development to a 4 or 6 month old.It would also be nice if u could add growth chart curves .
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi worriedmum, I have a friend who a prem twins by 4wks. They are now 12wks old but are development wise compared to 8wk old babies. In the first 4wks they were still developing to their 'due date' size, weight etc. If in doubt ask you doc, they are the best source of info.
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi worried mum, i had my daughter at 31 wks and i was told that development would always be behind. for example when she was a year, devolopment she would only be just over 10 months. she didn't walk till she was 18 months. Dr's said that by the time she started school she would've caught up. hope this helps

claire xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular