Hi Im new to ask baby but i finaly got a postive

wac77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am 
Post subject: Hi Im new to ask baby but i finaly got a postive
Hi all
I have been using this website to find out lots of information while i have been trying to get pregnant and it has been very helpful.

So i thought i would sign in and say hello.
I have been trying since december and it felt like it was never going to happen but i finaly done a test last week and its positive I think im 4 or 5 weeks.
What has shocked me the most is how tiered i am all the time Luckely im on holiday for another week i dont know how i would cope at work,

Can anyone tell me how long this sleepy feeling usually lasts, Im in a job which requires me to stand and teach people most of the day and didnt want to make it known until im further on.
xemmax
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 am 
Post subject:
congratulations!! isnt that tired feeling just the worst? i was tired all the time up to around 14 weeks, found myself tucked up in bed by 6pm! Now 22 weeks and can eventually stay awake, got it all to look forward to again later in pregnancy though xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya congrats on ya pregnancy. i was sleeping all the time and was just so sick of feeling tired but after 12 weeks i felt back 2 my self again. it sud start 2 go off after 12weeks but if not u cud be anemic and they will give u iron tablets which im on. they helped perk me up alot x
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:09 am 
Post subject: Positive
How exciting!! Yay you. I didnt know I was preg till I was almost 8wks and couldnt understand why I was sooo tired. I even fell asleep during a work conference when we had guests!!! So embarrased. After around 12wks things got much better. Best of luck, you have some really exciting time ahead.
Rosay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:52 am 
Post subject:
the tiredness is killing me im only 6 weeks pregnant and i feel absolutely exhausted also I have had to inform my work that im pregnant due to the heavy duties my work as a health care assisstant on a busy hospital ward entails am now off for 10 days thank goodness was so tired on wednesday i nearly fell asleep on the bus on my way home. Have also become very forgetfull is this normal.
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Post subject:
congratulations!! great news.
tiredness can effect everyone differently through pregnancy, but like the others have said it can trail off around the 12 wk point or you may find that you could be slightly anemic, although saying that, they never tested me for anaemia till wk 28...always worth mentioning anything to your midwife to be on safe side and put your mind at rest.
its important to try and eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of clear fluid as your body will be working so hard to give your baby the best start, thats why you feel so tired.
good luck, get some rest if you feel really rotten even if its only for a few minutes.
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Laughing congrats to you! im new myself but i was just reading your message. and yes we all get tired, its all the hormones and your body changing. i remember being at work and fainting! and that was because im a dental nurse and most of the time we are on our feet. and i was fainting due to the blood rushing from my head to my feet. because i had a foetus pressing on my blood vessels and veins. and im just going to tell you the lack of sleep doesnt change either! my baby is 22 weeks now and she still doesnt sleep through the night. i was told its because she has a body clock and is alot more hungry than ever! lol but iv got it all sorted now. just cant wait until i get a full nights sleep.
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
I felt tired up to about 12weeks - I even had to nap in the staff room during my lunch hour at 1 point. It will go though! Congratulations!
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Very Happy . I was totally wiped out til 13 weeks which happened to coincide with my summer hols and lots of extra rest. I used to fall asleep on the sofa at work after dropping the kids at school. When I told my boss I was pregnant she just laughed. She had known for weeks Laughing . Hope you start to feel better soon and get some early nights - I was often in bed by 8.30 Wink
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:47 am 
Post subject:
congrats on your pregnancy hun xxx
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations and good luck Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular