Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:51 am 
Post subject: tried to give up
i have tried every thing and just cant give up xx
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:58 am 
Post subject: xx
wohoo new form...i have tryed 2 and crnt give up...i dont think i will 2 be honest i only got 5 week left so there aint much point now! but good luck 2 every 1 giving up x
Jolene8880
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject:
Great idea for a new forum!

I am going to try and stop, I've cut down from a 20 pk a day, and at the moment I'm rolling my own and manageing to have about 5-10 per day, according to NHS the most damage is caused in months 4-9 so I'm hoping to completely give up in the next 4 weeks, so anyone who wants to set a date with me and help each other through it I'm well up for it!

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
I reckon if you don't truly WANT to give up, you never will so it needs to be when you actually hate yourself for doing it. When I gave up I waited until after my wedding cos I knew that I didn't really want to then and that I wanted to smoke on my hen night and at my reception and not worry about not having one. After the honeymoon I really knew that I wanted to be finished with it forever and I think that's why after 12 years of 20 a day it was pure willpower that stopped it. I literally just never had a cig again! That was 2 years ago and I've never regretted it. Good luck to everyone who's ready to be able to smell again cos that is one thing I am loving!!!! xxxx
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
well girls i'm going to give it a go n try to stop, i'm going to set myself a date n buy hundreds of patches Laughing but no way can i do it on will power alone, not with 1 going through the terrible 2's and 1 in the clingy 3's, i don't drink so i call for the ciggies ( bad i know) thinking the best place to put a patch on me would be over my mouth to stop me putting a cig in Laughing
beauy
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
So are there some more girls wanting to join me?
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
I work for a tobacco company so giving up wasnt easy!!! Shocked I smoked till week 15 then I suddenly felt so guilty that I havnt had 1 since! Dont know what happened but it was a good thing. I have also stopped drinking altogether, Hunter is 6mnth and I still havent had one, what a freak!!! Very Happy Good luck to you guys giving up. Do you have a support hotline over there? We get the nicotine gum for $5wk which really helps alot of people, the Govt subsidises it.
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
so did u all succeed?x
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck to all you ladies and hope you have managed so far! I didnt stop smoking with my first, i was 17 when i 1st fell pregnant and very nieve and also immature thinking it wouldnt harm my baby or effect him in anyway but when i was in labour and they checked my placenta they could tell i was a smoker and i was so ashamed and felt really guilty for months so this time round the day after i found out i was pregnant i had my last smoke and thats been me since as the guilt would probs kill me this time round! I am now living a healthy smoke free life and saving a fortune and my partner has stopped with me too, makes it sooo easy aswell!!

xx

hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:35 am 
Post subject:
I gave up smoking after 18years.

I had one session of Hypnosis, it cost me 85.00 and the guy offered a money back guarantee. I have now bee a non smoker for 2 years 4 months.

So worth every penny.

Lisa
xx
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
I quit smoking 8 days ago i had a slip up saturday when i had a drink (only 1 cigarette) but other than that im doing ok
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject: TRYING,TRYING,TRYING
I found out i was pregnant about 4 weeks ago.I have really tried to stop smoking but im finding t really hard and having a least 1 fag per day ut i feel so guilty.Everytime i have one i ay to myself "this is my last one now" then i will have another the following day.This is really stressing me out as i keep thinking that something will happen to the baby.I really dont know what to do Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular