weaning

georgiaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:46 pm 
Post subject: weaning
my baby is 3 months old and a week she wasnt satisfied with just bottles i have started giving her some baby food and she seems a lot happy since i started it what i wanted to know is it safe to do this my 8 year old daughter wasnt intrested in food so i didnt have that problem with her.[/b]
Advisequeens
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 am 
Post subject: baby food
my newphew is the same it is perfectly fine, if a bay is hungry it's hungry. The babies body is telling it they need more so give it to them. if not try the hungry baby food, it does work xxxxxxxxxxx
pye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:19 am 
hi there
my older daughters were weaned at 4m as was advised then but the world health organisation has now advised we wean at 6m. if you feel you have to feed your baby before then, please use simple baby rice or pureed friut & veg. the reason is to try & prevent allergies so avoid giving baby nuts shellfish & before 1y, and wheat before 6m.
i started giving my 4.5m baby baby rice 1 week ago and she's taking it fine with no problems... but still not sleeping through. a full night's sleep takes time for the baby to settle into so don't worry.
chrissybroon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:32 pm 
My daughter is nearly 4.5 months old and we tried her on some baby rice this afternoon for the first time. I fed her as normal before hand then we tried her on baby rice after that. I am not sure whether I should have feed her fully before hand? Should I have stopped halfway through and then tried the rice. My husband thinks that she might have been full when we tried the rice. She did take it about 4 mouthfuls but then seemed to lose interest we are wondering now whether she was too full from her feed to take the rice?
weemitch
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
Please advise ... at the moment my babies feeding routines is -
0830 Breakfast 4/5oz Milk followed by a mixture of porridge and fruit (a couple of teaspoons)
1230 Lunch between 5-8oz milk (usually about 5/6oz)
1630 Dinner 4/5oz Milk followed by a mixture of Baby Rice and pureed veg/poultry/fish/red meat,
2030 Supper 5-8oz milk.
We have also started giving her a yoghurt during the day. Every time i try finger foods she gets too excited and nearly chokes and is not interested in a drinking cup at all.
Whats next? When i look at recommended eating plans they look so different to ours. i want to try and get her last feed to be around 1930 so we can get her to bed earlier. She is 6.5 months old
Thank u in advance if anybody has any advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular