feeding

chill
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 am 
Post subject: feeding
my 6week old little girl is really hard work when it comes to feeding, shes taking beyween 3 and 4 oz every 2 hours, at night she goes 4 hours. its a nightmare because no sooner have i feed her, winder her, changed her and settled her down, shes hungry again. ive tryed to force her to take more milk, but she just sicks it back up. her weight gain is perfect, shes also constipated most of the time, please help me, im so tired all the time, no time to relax. how can i make her last longer between feeds?
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
My baby boy was just the same at that age. But as he got a bit older he went longer between feeds. Hes 18weeks now and will go five hours sometimes. So hang on in there it will get better. For constipation tried giving cool boiled water between feeds or give a ready made carton of milk, that usually does the trick. All the best.
weemitch
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. My baby girl fed every 3 hours day and night at the start and was also constipated. If your baby goes 4 days without going to the toilet please seek medical advice, we had to put little pellets up our baby's bottom to help her go if she didn't go often. Boiled cooled water is great and also boiled cooled water with a tiny bit of oure apple juice (1 teaspoon of apple juice to 8 of water)
We found that pre made cartons of milk made the constipation worse and certainly made wind a big issue. it is thicker than the powder and when the baby lets air back into the bottle, the bubbles dont pop/burst, so are sucked back in again. With powder formula, the bubbles pop/burst (prob sounds mad but defo was a problem for us)
Things will have probably got better for you now though - i hope so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular