I'm pregnant again after suffering a mmc

shandie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:48 am 
Post subject: I'm pregnant again after suffering a mmc
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, sorry if this is a bit long, I just need some advice.

I'm 7wks pg. I have 3 boys 12, 10, 6, so it came as a total shock when I suffered a missed miscarriage 3 months ago. It made me realise how I took my last 3 pregnancies for granted, I just didn't expect this to happen.

In all my pregnancies with my boys I suffered really bad with morning sickness, and excessive saliva, I was off work for 2 months in each pregnancy, so when I fell pregnant the last time I was surprised that I hadn't felt any morning sickness at all, I put it down to positive thinking and maybe that I was having a girl. The only symptoms I had was sore boobs.

The day i turned 7wks, I noticed a slight bit of blood on wiping (sorry) I wasn't worried, tho I never experienced any bleeding with all my other pregnancies, I went for an early scan where I was told that they couldn't see a baby just an empty sac, we were distraught. That explained why I hadn't experienced any sickness, cos there was no baby. Sad Too cut a long story short I ended up having 3 more scans including a private one, as I just could't except it, and in the end i started bleeding 3 days before my op was booked.

Anyway 3 months on, I'm pregnant again I asked for an early scan for reassurance before they book me to see a midwife as the last time I went to see the midwife got booked in, had my bloods done, got my bounty pack but then I had the mmc, 2months after my op the midwife called me asking me why I hadn't turned up for any of my scans Mad Obvioulsy there was a lack of communtication.

So I went for a scan, I thought I was 5wks + but she measured me at 6wks +, she said she could see baby but can only just about make out what she thinks is a heartbeat, but she can't be 100% sure as its still a bit early. Well that got me more worried cos if I was 5wks like i thought then I could understand that maybe she couldn't see much but if she measured me at 6wks + surely she would have been more sure?

Anyway i'm to go back for a repeat scan on the 16th next tuesday, meanwhile, I'm still not experiecing any symptoms, not even sore boobs, only extreme tirednes, and fatigue, and dizziness, other than that I don;t feel pregnant at all. B'cos I 've had alot of pregnancies I tend to show much quicker, so my clothes already feel tight. I just don't know what to think or feel.

I want to get excited but I just can't, the thing is i'm trying to remember when I first started my morning sickness in my last prgnancies. Is it normal to have severe morning sickness in all my other pregnancies, yet experience none at all in this one and my last one?

Yesterday morning i woke up and vomited x2 and I was so happy until all my boys started vomiting, then we realised it must have been the mcDonalds we had the night before, and since then I;ve felt fine. Aaaargh. I'm going out of my mind with worry.
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
congratu;ations shandie!!! Very Happy i just want to say that this is my 5th preg, ive had two mc also. its normal to feel worried, and i was the same as you this time, feel like i have no symptoms and so worried about mc! but im in my 11th week now and even tho i dont have severe symptoms they are there. my boobies dont feel as sore as in other pregs and the morning sickness isnt as bad. im feeling tired and thats about it really? the nausea didnt kick in til week 9 tho, and i dont have a scan til week 14!! Shocked its normal to feel how you feel hun, but every preg is different, and like you said maybe its cos youre carrying a girl? at least you have your scan, hopefully it might bring you some comfort in knowing all is fine and dandy!! Very Happy welcome to askbaby by the way!! Very Happy xxx
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Welcome to askbaby and congratulations on your pregnancy xxxx

Its natural to be worried but every pregnancy is different, I`ve had 3 where I`ve been sick as a dog and all symptoms going but one of them I sailed through with nothing but a growing tum Smile
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Wendy, Rosie, thanks so much for your response, I feel better already reading your experiences. The 9 days wait until my next scan feels like an age away. It's funny really, during my last pregnancies when the morning sickness was so bad I cried so much, just couldn't wait for it to end, and now look at me, praying for it to come. Laughing Laughing

I'll keep you posted guys and thanks alot.
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
welcome to askbaby and congratulations Very Happy
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations

bubbleworth
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:51 pm 
Post subject: im
hi hun welcome to askbaby
congratulations hun
ClairaBell
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to the forum and cngratulations. xxx
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi guys and thank you for the welcome, well i'm an impatient so n so so I went and booked a private scan today, and i am sooooo happy they found a heartbeat straightaway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy they measured my baby at 6wks and 2days, so I was right originally, the only bad news was that he noticed next to the baby what he thought was either a fibroid or mass or worse case scenario a tumour, he said depending on what it is,it could be harmless or harmful to the baby as the bigger baby gets the liklihood that what ever the lump is it could pierce the sac causing me to miscarry.

He said he could give me a blood test to determine if its just excess blood/mucus/placenta from my last pregnancy ??????? but i didn't have enough cash on me for that, but I told him that I've got a scan next week so I will take it up with the sonographers there, but he said that he's surprised that they missed it in the first place. He said its the size of a pea.

So it's bitter-sweet news, but i'm just so happy to have seen my baby's heartbeat.
BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations x
jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
congrats shandie you must be on edge all the time but readin your first post i havent had ne sickness n i had sickness with my first so it could b that all pg are diffrent ive not had ne symtoms other than sore boobs nipple colour change n the baby kickin but i really hope every thin is ok 4 you next wk lets us no how you get on hopfully it be a happy endin 4 you glad you seen babys heart beat its always reasureing to c it ihad a bleed at 8 weeks n i had early scan i was so glad to c baby n heartbeat good luck 4 next week xxx

shandie
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jade,

Thanks for your response. I've started to feel a little nauseas, but nothing no where near what I felt with my other pregnancies, but i'm not worried tho. I just assumed that having 3 pregnancies EXACTLY the same, that all my pregnancies would be the same. But having seen my baby, my mind is totally at rest.

And what a coincidence, my best friend has also discovered she is pregnant, you'll probably be thinking, "soooooo" well we were pregnant at the same time with our last kids, they are 2 weeks apart, she was due before me, but she was 2wks overdue so I ended up having my son first, and now this time 6yrs on I am 2wks ahead of her. Laughing
Alouise
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
Awww wow congrats to ur friend aswell

thats lovely

xx

mommyk
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:44 am