proper room tempratures.

fallleaf
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 am 
Post subject: proper room tempratures.
Hi Reader;

I wonder what's the proper room tempertature for newborns and infants?*
I did buy my baby some sleeping overalls all made with cotton ones with feet covering and others without ... which onse do you recommend most for sleeping? And do you think a head cover is a must? I noticed some infants get sweat all round their heads making them feel uncomfortable and waking them up during their sleep!

* I'm expecting a babyboy next month and he's my very first child and I live in a country where temperatures go very high during summer and that country is Kuwait, the Arabian Gulf. I'm afraid that keeping proper safe temperatures for my baby is going to be a problem for me ... for example, I think that taking a baby from sudden extreme heat to an air-conditioned room or car and vise-versa will make him sick. Any suggestions?

Gratefull to you;
Hana
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
the ideal temperature is between 10 and 21 degrees centigrade. try and get a nursery thermometer which will help you in keeping the room at a suitible temperature.
you only really need to cover the head if its cold, babys loose 70 percent of heat through there head so if its really hot you need not worry about that.
hope this helps
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject:
mothercare sell themometers for babys room-they glow red wen room is too warm n glow blue wen its too cold

xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:49 am 
Post subject: xx
yeah i think ill get 1 ov them 1s from mother care x
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
yea-im gonna get one-they look good(i think they do them in argos too!! not 100% sure though) xx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
i think the ones your talking about girls is the grobag egg. they are brilliant i bought one, it was 21.99 but is spot on and gives off a lovely light, and a digital reading of the temp.
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
yea-thats the one-couldnt think of the name.lol. im defo gonna get one then

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular