4month old with diarrhea

Loobylou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject: 4month old with diarrhea
Hi

My 4 month old has suddenly developed really bad runs, its almost like water coming out of her bottom, she has recently started teething im not sure if this is one of her systems, she seems happy in herself although she is off her milk, she is chewing everything and biting. She has had the runs now for 2 days and it doesnt seem to be clearing should i seek help?? especially over the weekend as the doctors are closed

Advice appreciated Wink
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi Loobylou...... my son has had the same thing.... hes been teething and has had the runs with it... some days its like water other days its slightly thicker!
I took him to the doctors and she said it is quite normal during teething and to keep him hydrated!
If it lasts for longer than a few days I would take ur daughter to see a doctor just to get checked out!
beauy
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi there if the little one goes off feeds after a few tries then please seek medical advice even if it means nipping to e&e even if you feel a bit daft going in there but babies dehydrate so quickly.
If in doubt phone nhs direct or your emergancy doc.
Also have you tried her with dyoralite? This won't stop the runs but will help replace sugars and salts etc that she is loosing.
As ch4rli3 says this is common if teething but it always best to be safe ( can't you tell i'm a neurotic mother Laughing )
Loobylou
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Thanks for the advice, i was in at the nurse today and asked her as my daughter has now had the runs since last thurs am and its not showing any signs of clearing up, she said as long as she is drinking she should be fine, but she has now started being sick bringing up what looks like curdled mlik, i have tried to make an appointment to see the doctor but cant get in, i have to phone in the morning (the doctors are useless up here!!!)
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
mine always got the runs when teething. its a normal sign. hope it doesnt last too long
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular