IVF success rates when tubes blocked?

beana
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 pm 
Post subject: IVF success rates when tubes blocked?
Hi everyone,

unfortunately I had to have an operation on Friday for an ectopic pregnancy at 8weeks +5. I was devistated and to make things worse i have been told my remaining tube is badly damaged and I will not be able to conceive naturally.

I will see a fertility consultant in 6 weeks. I am 26 and we conceived this pregnancy in 3 months. Does anyone know how long you have to wait for IVF on the NHS, or what the success rate is like for people in my situation. trying to stay positive, but the whole thing is horendeous... loosing a baby and your fertility all in 3 hours of each other... i am fit and healthy apart from this and so is my partner.

xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Beana,

firstly i'd like to say how sorry i am that this has happened to you. What a terrible blow. Crying or Very sad

Secondly, give yourself time to recover. You need to get over this and get back to normal before starting IVF.

I don't know how long the waiting list is likely to be, it depends on your PCT. Your GP can find out for you. Of course if you can afford to go privately, or egg share, it will be much quicker.

On the bright side you conceived this baby quite quickly, so your chances are good with IVF, and age is on your side Smile I had IVF at 34, and it worked first time for me. Blocked tubes don't make any difference, as they bypass them.

Jumping ahead a bit, if you dont mind the prospect of twins, i'd insist they put 2 embryo's back during transfer - more of a chance of it working that way. They are changing the HFEA guidelines to reduce multiple births, so some clinics are only offering to replace one embie thus reducing your chances (and you'd have to go through it again)

I wish you all the best,

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
charb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 am 
Post subject:
hi beana,

am so sorry for what you have been through recently, I like you had an ectopic pg in Aug 08 and lost my right tibe too, just received my paper work for IVF, my left tube is fine and so are my ovaries but I am 35 and don't want to take anymore chances, have had 2 mc this year and has taken a toll on me.
fingers crossed for you and maybe we will both get some good news soon,
xxx Charb

Jump to:  

Community

Popular