HOSPITAL ADVICE PLEASE

lynda1832
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am 
Post subject:
The reason I ask is that I had an e-mail off the hospital and it said I would have to pay £150-£200 for the consultation and then any tests I would need would be on top of that. So if I see the consultant would I have to do the tests they request there or could I say I wanted them done at my GP's? I'm confused lol Confused xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lynda,

you can ask them which tests you will need, and then say you're having them done locally. I would. I know these clinics like to charge over the odds, and esp if money is tight. Ask for a quote first.

I had to have hormone blood tests, HIV, FBC and Hep A, B & C.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Doddsy
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lynda
I paid £140 for the first consultation and got all the tests done by the gp for free. Hubby had to goto local hospital for sperm test.

The hospital may try to say you have to have them done there but if you already get them done at gp's there's no need for them to do any.
My consultant was really good and told us to goto gp for tests xxx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lynda i had all my tst done for 3 via gp and hubbys semen test Very Happy
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
I would just like to say, we are having Ians reversal at a Spire hospital and evryone was so wonderful at our first consultation. We didnt feel uncomfortable at all. Thats the first impression I got from them.
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject: reversal
hi im new here been scouring the net on reversal of sterilisation my head is spinning im due to see my doctor tomorrow to see about reversal just wondering what to expect really any insight would be wonderful
thanks
kymmie x
whatisit
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject:
if you want to know everything and you have time read the other posting on here 'getting pregnant after sterilisation'. Im hopefully having my op tomorrow ( if the anesthetist doesnt have a problem with my larnygitis).
The first consultant i saw was recommended by the hospital and just didnt fill me with confidence, so i did my research and found a consultant who i had faith in- and i think thats what counts. Hes more than twice the price of the first consultant but is doing it by key hole and i think will do a good job, i got the impression the first guy i saw just wanted to take the money and run. We only get one shot at this is my view.
The first dr just said this is what i'll do and explained the procedure. The second asked why i wanted it reversed, did an internal examination, insisted on blood and semen tests before the op to ensure not a waste of time etc, a pain but more thorough.
Where do you live? Im Manchester way but there are girls on the other posting from all over.
kymmie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject: RE
Im in Southport now but originally Blackburn saw my doctor today and she s referred me to the consultant so just have to wait for appointment My doc said he ll want to do bloods and semen tests and i ve full faith in her and she s reccomended him so will wait and see.My next problem is finding out what procedure i had done as i was not told at the time and the hospital that did it are not being very helpful with the information. hope all goes well with your op and thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular