Breast to bottle feeding

misscris
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject: Breast to bottle feeding
Hi, I have been told it is ok to give my breastfed baby the occational bottle of formula milk if I go out and have not expressesd enough for her, but i can not get her to take it, I dont know if it is because she doesnt like the taste or is rejecting the teet. Any tips on how to get her to take it, We've tried warming the teet and getting someone else to feed her when I'm not around and all of that but she still wont take it,
Immysmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:22 pm 
Post subject: Breast to Bottle
Hi, we're having exactly the same problem with our 3 month old daughter. I have breast fed her exclusively up until now and want to give her a bottle of formula before bed to try and get her to sleep longer. We've tried everything, my husband tries to feed her but she screams the house down and doesn't take a drop. We've tried 4 different types of teat and different temperatures but nothing is working! We have tried every night since Boxing day and she hasn't taken anything so we've had to resort to breast feeding. If anyone has any advise, it'll be really welcome. You are not alone misscris!!

Emma
HeatherCook
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:54 am 
Hello, I'm also having the same problem however we've had a bit of success this week. We have been trying different bottles and teats for weeks now but this week I have managed to get 5 and a half fluid ounces of formula down my little girl three times. It has been very hard work but sheer determination that this time I was going to win the battle of wills!! I've used a Tommy Tippee 6 month fast flow teat (closer to nature) although she is only 4 months. It has taken 90 minutes of crying and screaming each time (making me feel very guilty) but we have eventually managed to get some down at least. I found that staring into her eyes and singing in a very gentle voice has also helped. I am currently sticking to the 2.30pm feed each day before I try and introduce another feed. Keep up the hard work and just keep persevering, eventually I'm sure your baby will give in as it realises that it has no option than to take the milk from the bottle. Good luck!
AskBaby8795
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:49 pm 
Hi, I had changed over to bottles from breast when my daughter was 5.5mths. Befor I put her on full bottle in beween feeds I used to give her a tommy tippee bottle of warm boiled water at first she refused but I just let her have a little bit in between feeds just to get her used to the bottle then once she had got the hang of the bottle I did the change and there was no fuss and no turning back. Just don't push it and don't get stressed or your babies will not want it.
E.Nutkins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular