Please Please read positive HPT but negative blood tests??

beckyboo48
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject: Please Please read positive HPT but negative blood tests??
i've been on bcp (21 days) for 6 years but last few months not been good with timing & been ill but i've been having pregnancy symptoms nearly 7 weeks now increased cm (white stringy sorry tmi!), and also suddenly started to have a few spots of pink after sex with bf, sore veiny boobs, crampy, bloated (trousers tighter), heartburn, low back ache & feeling sick but not being sick, in the last few days my hips have started to ache and have become very veiny... i was due to have period on the 16th Dec (had cramps like was going to start for two days) but on the 13th Dec v. light spotting started which was only visable when wiped this lasted 2-3 days & also went from brown to very watery pink... my normal flow is very heavy with lots of clotting and still hadnt shown so knew that pregnancy was still possible i have been testing everyday since but keep getting negatives i got 2nd faint + (within time limit) on 31st so went to the doctors & he then took me off bcp to see if 'normal' period would resume i haven't taken it since 30th & started to spot on 31st but not heavy (same as last) but it isn't a period as no clotting this lasted until Saturday 5th jan so 6 days in all but barely (my doc said that i may have this even if i am pregnant as withdrawrel from taking the pill)

i went to the doc for a quantative test on thursday and i got the results friday which were negative (hcg level 2) my doc has booked me in for a early ultrasound as still having all symptoms of pregnancy and faint positive home test but i would really like to know if anyone else has had this and still been pregnant as i feel different but even though i can't make up some of my symptoms in my brain i'm really not sure now negative blood test!!

WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE THOUGH??

Please reply if i am i would be 8 weeks yesterday with 1st so very scared!!

(not ttc or crazy and bf read the positive home tests results too and doc!!)

Thanks x
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
hi, it sounds like you are having a real rollercoaster of emotions there. when i was expecting my first child who is now 11 i had lots of negative home tests and doctors urine tests but the blood test they said to me was 100% accurate.
But lets face it, nothing is 100% really so i would just wait until the scan and see what happens, as there could be a number of reasons u had a faint positive test...maybe you were pregnant but had an early misscariage thats wht your hcg levels in your blood would be low...if you were having a pregnancy the lavels raise by a few 100 each day so remain open minded.
hope all goes well, do you know when your scan is??
dawn x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular