feeling ughgh

mags451
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:40 am 
Post subject: feeling ughgh
feeling ughgh?! has anyone else had back pain and pain in the belly where it makes you feel sick from the stomach up? as soon as i wake up the ugh feeling returns. my boobs are tender as well.

please help?

regards
MissFliss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:51 am 
Post subject: Ughgh
Hi - Sounds really familiar... you have my sympathy Sad Are you still in the first trimester? I felt shockingly awful up until about week 14 - if you're feeling sick, like you've been beaten up, achy, dizzy, faint and bone TIRED like you would not believe... take heart those feelings will go

In the meantime, make sure you're getting as much rest as you can and that you're eating well (little and often - do not be afraid to snack to keep the sickness at bay). By trial and error I found that if I didn't eat from feeling sick, it just made me feel worse. It's really hard but try and make the effort to eat when you feel rough (even better, to eat before you get too hungry as once you go over that threshold the ughgh feelings can take over).

If it's really bad, try bland food (even if it's just to make sure you're getting some energy) like toast, almonds, flavoured crackers...

Hope you feel better soon and don't be afraid to speak to your GP if you are worried.
mags451
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:11 am 
Post subject:
hiya thanks for your reply. yes i am in the first trimester - only 5 weeks!! i feel sick almost all the time but it is getting less - thankfully! i don't feel like eating much of the time and i've gone off tea and pepsi max - disaster!! i just haven't had this before with my other 2 children. hopefully everything will go ok!!!!

thanks once again

mags. Smile
MissFliss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
I've been having a bit of a laugh at myself... I did not realise until after I'd given you all my "wise" advice Wink that you've already had two babies ! That makes you an expert esp compared to me (this is my first pregnancy...) and there's me telling you what to expect... Embarassed Congratulations on this pregnancy by the way!

Um, I don't suppose you've noticed (and I'm sure everyone is different)... the stage of pregnancy in which your tummy goes hard... I know it might sound weird but I can't wait to look properly pregnant with the rounded belly and everything. I'm 17 weeks and although I'm definitely bigger it just looks like I've had one too many cakes! Someone told me, and I think I've taken it too literally, that the "belly" appears at 3 months...

Fliss (and flab Wink
mags451
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Smile hiya,
don't be embarrassed about your advice - it is very welcome! every pregnancy is different but i've never had the sickness and aches before!! as for looking pregnant and not looking like you've eaten too many cakes - it depends on your shape really. i didn't really look pregnant until 4-5 months - just looked like i'd had too many pies! although my friend looked 6 months pregnant at 3 months!
i hope you're having a stress free pregnancy - you'll find you just 'bloom' quickly - you'll go to bed one night and see it the next morning. Smile
speak soon.
take care

mags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular