Entertaining.

Jenni0608
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:41 pm 
Post subject: Entertaining.
Anyone got any tips on how to entertain a nearly one year old? My daughter has the attention span of a gnat. She literally plays with something for about 10 seconds, then turns away and crawls out of the room towards the dog. She's got loads of toys but nothing can hold her attention which is a huge pain as I'm about to go back to school and need to study for a couple of hours a day.
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am 
Post subject:
hey Jenni

a poor attention span can be hard work. Try to allow her time alone in a safe place with one or two good toys to see if she can improve. I find Isaac's best toys for long-duration playing are a set of stacking plastic buckets, and anything musical (he can hit an empty Roses tin with a wooden spoon for a good 15 minutes).

The other thing we do that seems to amuse him for ages is all his toys are in a big basket. In the morning, hubby feeds and changes him, then sits him in his play corner of the lounge with his big basket of toys and his shelf of books. He will then play happily on his own for up to about an hour - unpacking all his toys, picking books off the shelf, finding something to interest him. Might be worth a try with your LO? Just make very very sure that wherever she is it is well baby-proofed so you are confident leaving her for a few minutes at a time.

Hope that helps a bit

Anna

p.s. its apparently best not to have TV on in the background as this can significantly reduce baby's ability to concentrate. There's a bunch of research about it recently - so switch off the TV unless you are actively watching something specific with her - max of 15 minutes at a time.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular