Should I be worried?

ConnorsMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject: Should I be worried?
I have a Westie dog who weighs about 12 kg. He insists on sitting with me the whole time. He's just leapt of my knee with both back feet used my bump as a launch pad. It knocked me sick.

Do you think baby will be ok??
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hey,
I think baby will be ok, my two dogs do this alll the time and it drives me crazy!!! I've now made it a rule they don't get to go on the couch when I am sitting there and don't get in our bedroom at night anymore to stop it from happening. How far on are you and are you still in pain or ok now? xxxxx
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
19 weeks on, not really pain, just an ache.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah my schnauzer back kicked me the other week and I was left with an ache for a little bit but no striking pain so I reckon you'll be ok. Baby will be swimming about wondering what's going on!! Very Happy My baby gave a big massive kick when the dog jumped off like he was giving it a row!!!!! xxxx
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
schnauzer a bit bigger than a westie!! PS I've been offered a new job, they just need to get references, I just hope me being off sick won't affect the job offer!! Provisional start date 30th June. Won't get maternity pay but at least I'll have my sanity!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Oh well done!!! That's great news. Sometimes it's more about the sanity than the money isn't it?! I just had my grievance meeting this week against my boss so hoping that's an end to it all now and I can concentrate on feeling better and looking forward to baby coming. Hmmm about the sickness thing - if it's preggers related anyway then as we said before then it shouldn't really make any difference to your references I would think. The new employer must be pretty understanding as it is if they're ok with your being nearly 20 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much. You'll only be there a few weeks til you're due by the end of June? xxx
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, sanity is more important, it'll be tough financially but there we go, I'm sure we'll manage?

Well done on your grievance meeting, hope it all goes well for you.

I plan to work up until week before due date and take 10-12 weeks off work. Not too long, but they haven't even asked how long I intend to take off. It mustn't be an issue!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like they're much better than your old employer - you must feel so relaxed knowing they're going to be more co-operative xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular