hospital stay after birth

mrswolfbane
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject: hospital stay after birth
in my experince if its not ur 1st child they try to get u in and out as soon as possible.
with my girl i was out within 3 hours and i have to say i didnt feel comfortable with it.i just didnt feel ready if that makes sense.i had bad pnd with my son and it was undiagnosed and i had it with my daughter and i dont think it helped i had no support after her birth.

now im pregnant with my 3rd im worried about the hospital stay i want to stay over night if possible so i can adjust to my baby and possibly talk about how im feeling so i can help prevent pnd i want to make sure i have a support network set up before i leave now does any one know if i can ask to stay overnight and if thye can offer support to me??
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
You should be in for at least 6 hours but just say to them you dont want to leave and you are so worried about what happened last time you want to stay in over night.

Ask your midwife maybe she can arrange it with the hospital direct xx
mrswolfbane
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:51 am 
Post subject:
i have spoken to her yesterday and shes making sure i can stay over night and more if needed and shes helping me and my family sort pre natal and post natal talking therapies and other stuff which im happy with.

thank u for replying
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
Thats good, i bet its put your mind at rest xx
mrswolfbane
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
it has but the fact that she was so nice helped more.
some ppl frown upon those with depression they may not think its a real illness or say pull ur self together its all in ur head or sumit like u should be happy ur having a baby.
to which my reply is im happy im having a baby but hey how wud u feel with ur head down a toilet all the time losing wieght passing out headaches back ache etc u wouldnt feel so good baby or not lol.

im not ashamed to admit i have depression and il probably always have it but with good support and coping skills i can live with it not let it live for me and its a shame others suffer this in silence esp when pregnant or after the birth.
its nothing to feel ashamed of at all.
its better to get its sorted than leave it.with me it was left and it got worse and worse and worse till it ruined my life for a while so i urge ppl to keep talking to gps etc if they wont take how u feel serious.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
well said, although you suffer from depression you obviously have the right frame of mind and the right outlook on it.

People dont seem to understand that its not your fault, its not done on purpose, you dont like feeling like it and all you need is the support and youl get through it.

Im glad she was nice and hope everything goes well. Feel free to chat with me whenever you feel low, i probably wont be able to help but im a listening ear... or in this case reading eyes lol xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular