baby not sleeping much?? help

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject: baby not sleeping much?? help
Shannon has always been a fussy sleeper, from being a newborn she has never slept much. im lucky if she will sleep about 10 hours at night, which i dont think is alot considering most days she never naps during the day or if she does its a quick nap. some nights she just wont give, ive tried leaving her to cry but she will just do this for hours an hours so i end up getting her back up and she is wide eyed! some nights its 10pm before she is even dropping off or even sometimes later. this cant be good for her. anyone got any suggestions on this or ideas for me to try? if she goes to bed unsettled she wakes up in the middle of the night and just screams, so i find myself putting her in bed with me just to get a bit of sleep. she seems to be getting later at going to sleep which makes her sleep in longer in the mornings so then she is doesnt want to nap til 5-6pm an by this time she should be ready for bed not napping. she is that tired some days by this time if she does fall asleep its impossible to wake her, but she will maybe sleep for an hour then wake again. ive tried putting her to bed when she does this but she just doesnt settle. help or advice needed ladies im running out of things to try?
caz x x

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 am 
Post subject:
ouch, hard work for you!

I think the only thing I might try in your shoes is to let her totally lead for a week or so. Because she's getting hugely overtired, you might find that she has a 'natural' sleep routine that your missing out on. With Isaac, it can be hard to tell when he needs a nap as he doesn't always do the grouchy thing - watch her eyes instead. His go sort of watery and pale looking, and that's a sure sign that he'll sleep for an hour or so.

Hope you find something that works for you

Anna
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular