Jury Service, can he get out of it?

dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 pm 
Post subject: Jury Service, can he get out of it?
My partner Richard has got a letter today for Jury Serivice, its for 14th July, our babys due on 20th!!!!

Do you think we will have a good chance if we appeal against it?

Cant beleive this, what are the chances getting asked 6 days before babys due. Thing is if he had to go he would have to turn his mobile off and when my sister done it she was there 2 weeks!!!! Dont want him to miss the birth. Sad

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
i think you have a good enough reason to get out of it...give them a call as soon as you can and ask them...good luck, let us know how you get on. what a nightmare for you.
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Get him to phone them up and explain, they should be able to postpone it. My hubby got called for JS and we were in middle of moving areas so they changed the date and court as the original one was in london and we moved to midlands.

hope this helps [/b]
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Mikhaela. I think as so close to babys due date they should def let him off. My DH was called for jury service and although I wasnt pg at the time it wasnt convinient and he was told he could turn it down once but would have to except nxt time unless extreme circumstance. Gd Luck pupx
LynseyMC
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
I had to do jury service last year and i think that you were allowed to defer it once.
molly1973
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi if he works his boss can ring and tell them he cant let me go as hes an amportant memeber of staff and theres too many holidays that week, he cant get out of it. i dont jury services a few years ago and loved it but i was there a couple of weeks.
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
i got out of jury service by saying it was an inconvienience and would cause problems at work which would lead to alot of stress on returning...
i think ther pretty good about it...
and i think you can refuse once so next time it comes round you have to do it...xxx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
I think u have a good chance of getting out of it, if u explain the situation, my fiends just finished jusry service she only did 3 days out of the two weeks so dont worry im sure theyl let him off =] xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 am 
Post subject:
Great thanks guys, will ring them tonight!!! Cant beleive the timing xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular