anyone else had the contraceptive injection

nat08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:24 pm 
Post subject: anyone else had the contraceptive injection
anyone else had the contraceptive injection i had my daughter 11 weeks ago and since ive been using condoms for protection but when i went to doctors he recommended the contraceptive injection lasting 3 months he said it had a few side effects like spotting between periods a bit of weight gain and may get a bit spotty.silly me thought that doesnt sound that bad and had it but ive had bleeding since and now ive read that it can last a few months even after the injections has worn off now im regretting it i feel so down.Any info would be helpful.thanks
wendy131
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Didn`t think they gave the contraceptive jab after birth, First jab has to be given in first few days of a full period to work, had you started your period when it was given,if not that would explain your bleeding, its going against your body rather than working with it

I had an awful time with it after about 18 months of use, would never use it again, also one thing they don`t tell you is that prolonged use can stop your periods ever coming back Surprised
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
i ve not had it, but a friend of mine experienced alot of bleeding and a lot of weight gain with hers, so i dont think i'll b havin 1 wen i ve had my son,
x

linzi23
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:28 am 
Post subject:
hi i've been on the injection for nine year have just stopped cos we'd like another baby, i bleed really bad for around 3 month's but stuck with it and after having my second injection i stopped bleeding completly and have'nt bled one since
fire91
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:38 am 
Post subject:
I had the Depo injection for the first time in August this year and as I got close to the November date that I was due to have another, I decided not to. I had massive pains in my stomach for most of the three months that I was on it, and for the first two months had constant bleeding, then only a couple of spots. I had no period at all in November, and this month, I had af pains for a whole week before af showed up. (I dont normally get any signs that af is coming till the day I get it and then I only get cramps). I am in constant agony at the moment with af pains which is also spreading to my back, another abnormality.

I will never have the Depo injection again.
AngelaL76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
I had Depo for about 4 to 5 years when I was younger and had few side effects. I did gain some weight but I think that was more to do with lifestyle than Depo. My periods faded out and then settled to one light period every 3 months. It can take a while for your fertility to return when you come off it so I moved onto the mini pill but only for that reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular