Swimming help

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject: Swimming help
Dawn I've been going swimming recently with my friend as I'm not a fan of classes so didn't want to join an aquanatal class. I just wondered if you knew of anything I could be doing when I'm there that wouldn't look odd to the other swimmers but would be good for getting my all prepared for labour......or anything I shouldn't be doing - I heard that breaststroke can not be that good for your pelvis when you're pregnant? xxxxx
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 am 
Post subject:
aagh, was just on about swimming on another topic there.
As long as you are getting no discomfort while you are doing breast stroke then carry on with it, its a great way of keeping the pelvis ligaments supple.
I would say though that at this stage in your pregnancy the important thing is to just maintain what you are doing and not to start anyhting new. Your body will not adapt well enough at this stage for it to be effective so just keep up with the swimming.
If you are having a lazy one though and dont want to swim then just hold on to the edge of the pool stretch out and kick your legs gently, under the water ( dont splash like a child possesed or people will stare!!lol)
As long as you are moving in the water it will be great for your circulation and your heart and the healthier you are the better you will cope with your labour.

Well done you though for keeping up with the swimming, i pulled the ligaments in my back around week 20 so had to stop! gutted.
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Dawn. I only go once a week for an hour but it's been really good at getting me moving and I take me friend so we can have a natter whilst we swim so it's more interesting! I feel like a lead weight when I get out of the water though!!!!!! xxxxx
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 am 
Post subject:
ooh yes, thats the problem with swimming at this stage of pregnancy isnt it...i swam loads when i had my first and always felt 10 stone heavier when i got out!!
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hahahaha just got back from the pool and there were loads of kids in so they put on the waves and the rapids etc - was ace!!!! The lifeguards were laughing their heads off at me cos I was loving it!!!! ONe of them panicked when I was getting out cos I groaned with the weight change and he ran across thinking I was in labour! Laughing Laughing xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
would that class as a water birth???? Laughing (sorry its late at night and passed my bedtime hehe)
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:12 am 
Post subject:
ha ha, water birth with a wave machine...i like it!
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
he he-sounds like fun Laughing

xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular