Feeling really down

Jen114
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:20 pm 
Post subject: Feeling really down
Hello eeryone i am new to this... i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 20 days ago and unfortunalty since then i am having a really hard time and i find myself crying for nothing and feeling really sad like my life is over and i can't go out or do anything.... our lifestly before was very easy going and we used to meet our friends at the pub and have a few drinks etc etc... i think i am missing jsut adult conversaton and socialsing....... i hope this feeling stops really soon as it is getting me seriously down and depressed..... isthis normail could it still be just the baby blues after 3.5 weeks?
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
talk to ur family,ur health visitor and gp.

your life will change and perhaps u didnt expect that to happen,its harder to go out with a baby as u have to sort a pram the bag and all the rest even harder with out a car and u have to rely on public transport BUT ur life is not over lots of pubs allow children in now a days and they are all smoke free in the uk now so u can meet ur friends at a pub in the day but limit ur alcohol. u can arrange a babysitter to go out when u can maybe ask frineds or family,

as for adult convo see what is in offer in your area baby play schemes or sure start and home start these are available in some areas but also ur area may have simliar schemes these will help u meet other mums.ask ur health visitor and go about whats on offer to u so u can meet other adults and talk to them.

hope this helps a little.
LisaCop
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I have a little girl she is 16 weeks old. I felt exactly the same as you do when she was about 4 to 5 weeks old. Try talking to someone close to you about how you are feeling. You can still go to the pub there is no smoking now so it isn't as bad as it used to be. I take my baby to my local pub. Your life isn't over it's just the beginning of a new start.....I feel much better now I think it justs takes time to adjust.
Hope this helps.

Lisa
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
what about parent and child groups in ur area??? would u consider goin to these??

u'll get to meet mums and dads feelin the same way as u and its a great way to get out the house.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular