my 8 week old has whooping cough

tasha1987
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:22 pm 
Post subject: my 8 week old has whooping cough
she has had it since she was 3 weeks old she was coughing stopping breathing and going blue, she couldnt keep her milk dwn and lost weight. she was finally admitted to hospital after 4 trips to hospital and was in a week as she needed oxygen they gave her 14 day course of antibiotics and it seemed to work but since she finished her antibiotics 5 days ago she seems to have got worse again. My 3 brothers and me have also got it but the whole family has been on antibiotics but i dont know if she could of caught it again off of 1 of us? or its because she finished the antibiotics? it's doing my head in now i know how i feel she must feel 10 times worse and it's really scary i dont know what else to do? Crying or Very sad
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
aww no. my daughter had it bad but didnt have antibiotics but was pumped with steroids to open her throat so she could breathe as she had it really bad. why not make an appointment with the doctor just to check her over and see if theres anything else they can do.
tasha1987
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
thanx for that she still getting worse and started bringing muck and her milk up again going to he doctor on tuesday or mabey it be another trip to the hospital again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular