1 year old wakes at nite

Demelza
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post subject: 1 year old wakes at nite
My daughter is just gone 1 year, she wont sleep in her cot only wants to sleep in the bed and I have to lie with her till she is asleep. When she is asleep we put her into her cot, but numerous times at nite she will toss and turn 90 degrees and end up banging herself against her cot and waking up. We are at our wits end. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP. I have put her bumper around her cot and still to no avail. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Sad
JayNbump2009
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
i havnt got any suggestions huni as my son is 19 month still wakes in the nite so im looking for suggestions!
saraevans007
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
sleep training! have a read on the net what it's about, it's hard leaving your little one to cry but it's one of the only ways when they have learnt bad sleep associations. i did it for my little one when he was 4 months to get him to stop feeding at night and goto bed at 7, it worked and only took 3 nights, he slept like a dream until we went on holiday at 7 months (aug) and ever since has slept 2 nights right through. i've not done it myself again as 1) i feel sorry for him standing in his cot shouting 'moma' only time he ever says that!!! and 2) were going on holiday next week so i was worried i'd upset him again and have to do it all again when we came back so i've just put up with his sleeping habits since'. I need to take my own advice and do it as i have another baby due in May and need him to sleep well before then. i will start after my holiday and it does work and provided you follow the advice.

saraevans007
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
have a look at the post 'Going to sleep on her own!' by pretaLou, she has recently done this and found good results, good luck Very Happy

JayNbump2009
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:59 am 
Post subject:
lol thanks saraevens007.. i tried control sleeping but dint work Rolling Eyes he isnt too bad reali but somethimes i wished he went all night Smile
abcd1234
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 am 
Post subject:
hi my little boys 17 months and my little girls 3yrs and 3 months i know how your feeling boyh mine still get up a few times in the nite its exhausting then my little boy decides to get up at 5.30 every morning even though hes still tierd he wont go bk to sleep hes that tierd he just screams through is breakfast ive tried the control crying it worked 4 my little girl but my little boy just screams and screams i wundnt mind but when they get older u cant get them out of bed xxxxx Smile
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
my little boy is 16 months..and has started wakin in the night n crying...noway can i leave him...i dont agree with that...they need comforting...they dont cry for nothing...im not getting stressed about it cos i know it wont last....try to think that...best of luck xx
jennyhicks
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 am 
Post subject:
I went on the website www.babysleepguide.co.uk and they gave some good resources and book suggestions.
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
i've done this now and harry has been sleeping at night since 16 dec! he does wake up but settles himself back to sleep quite happily without crying. he had the same problem banging his head on the cot and waking up, i put toys and bumpers in there and he still hurt his head, eventually i bought a travel cot and a matress and put him in there. he now settles himself and the banging his head issue has gone as he can't hurt himself on a cloth sided cot! anyway were both now sleeping and he's much happier during the day too as he's getting full sleep. its so hard at first leaving them to cry and i hated it, but he cried for 20 mins and then slept, now he does not cry just moans a little and falls asleep. he woke crying last night and needed some food, i knew as his 'need attention' cry is different from his moaning he does when settling to sleep, so i made sure he had attention and food. i would not agree to leave a baby crying if something is wrong or they need attention, thats not what sleep training is all about. if he ever wakes i do automatically and when he is back asleep i go check to make sure he is ok and warm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular