HAVING A STITCH PUT IN TO HOLD BABY IN

charmed3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:47 am 
Post subject: HAVING A STITCH PUT IN TO HOLD BABY IN
I HAVE HAD 4 NORMAL HEALTHY BABIES THEN IN 2001 MY WATERS BROKE AT 25 WEEKS, I HAD AN EMERGANCY C-SECTION AT 27 WEEKS WITH SOME PROBLEMS WITH MYSELF AND BABY, SHE IS A HEALTHY 6 YEAR OLD NOW, THEN IN 2004 PREGNANT WITH MY 6TH CHILD MY WATERS WENT AT 23 WEEKS, AND I GAVE BIRTH A FEW DAYS LATER DUE TO INFECTION AND LOST MY DAUGHTER, NOW IM PREGNANT AGAIN AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WILL PROBERLY PUT A SUTRE STITCH IN TO HOLD THE BABY IN. HAS ANYONE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS ENVOLVES? IS THERE ANY DANGER OF LOSING THE BABY? ANY ANSWERS WOULD GRATEFULLY RECIEVED.
misslil
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
My friend had her first baby at 25 weeks, and during her second pregnancy she was experiencing all sorts of problems and was quite ill. They suggested putting in a stitch but she declined until a few weeks later when it seemed the baby was trying to come!

She had it put in around 19 weeks I think and still had a few problems but nothing serious and was monitored very closely. At 37 weeks they decided to remove the stitch as there was a chance her hind waters had broke and then induced her the next day, she had a healthy 6lb 8oz boy at 37 weeks.

I'd suggest you speak to you midwife and consultant about your concerns, I am sure they will be able to give you some advice.

xx
charmed3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
thank you for your reply, i have an hospital appointment monday and hopefully they can explain more then xx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck for monday. Ask as many questions as you want, dont come away still not being sure whats going on xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular