Day time naps without rocking

LB10
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject: Day time naps without rocking
My 6 month old goes to sleep on his own at night and sleeps 12-14 hours with a late night feed. However the daytime is very different, he won't sleep without being rocked in his bouncy chair, in the car or in his buggy. He only sleeps for 20 -30 mins every 2 hours, so only 3 cap naps a day. I would love to be able to put him in his cot when he rubs his eyes and for him to go to sleep on his own. I have tried but he just screams, I once left him for an hour and then he was so worked up he wouldn't go to sleep for about an hour afterwards. Anyone any tips??
tirednewmum
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi
My daughter (seven months old) was slightly similar in that she had to be rocked to sleep for naps, but unfortunately she also had to be rocked to sleep at night time and every time she woke up as well!
We did controlled crying with her a week ago, it worked really really well. We now put her down awake and without rocking for naps/at nighttime and she can also settle herself back to sleep when she wakes at night.
It might take a few days to break the habit for your child, but it worked fantastically well for us and she is a different child.
We checked on her after 5 mins then 10 mins then 15 the first day and night, then 10 mins, 15 mins and 20 mins the second day/night and she was fine after this (we read Dr R Ferber's book "How to solve your childs sleep problems" before starting).
Hope this helps and good luck,
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hes sleeping 12 to 14 hours a night, wots the problem? He obviously isnt that tired in the day. I think alot of us new mums would love 12 hours sleep!!! Laughing

Lin x Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular