Bleeding and confused!!!

MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:49 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding and confused!!!
How soon can u get a period after u give birth? I can't really remember how long it was after i had my son wen i gt my 1st period,but 2day i felt a gush dwn below and wen i went 2 the loo there was quite a bit blood on my knickers and dwn the toilet,it is quite heavy and sumtimes i can feel it cumin out (sorry tmi). My bleeding had stopped after 10days of giving birth so really confused as 2 wether this is a period or there's sumthing wrong. Confused
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
I think you should talk to your midwife or doctor. This happened to my mum and it turned out to be a bit of placenta stuck inside. She had a d&c and was ok.
I'm not saying this is what is happening to you huni so please don't panic but I'd defo advise you call NHS Direct for advice they might say go to hospital or to book in to see a Dr on Monday. The number for NHS Direct is 0845 4647.
Dee Xxx
MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 am 
Post subject:
Thanks dee,am goin 2 fone my doctor 2day as saturday nite b4 i went 2 bed i felt a weird feeling down below like sumthing was trying 2 cum out (sorry tmi) and wen i went 2 toilet i heard a splash and there was this big clot lying at the bottom.I was a little bit worried but now the bleeding is really light so am goin 2 go and c my doctor i think.x
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Ok huni, please keep me updated ok Smile I'm a bit worried too, hope it's all ok. It sounds like it might've been a bit of afterbirth that was causing the bleeding but if you've passed it naturally it should be ok.
Thinking of you today. Speak soon Dee Xxx
MummytoDevinnkelsi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Thank u so much.I think it will b fine aswell but better 2 get checked over.There wasn't any pain or anything.I'll let u knw wat happens Very Happy xx
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:00 am 
Post subject:
Ok Smile It's better to get these things checked out and be told it's nothing than leave it and worry.
Dee Xxx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun, if its any help I got a period about 3.5 weeks after giving birth - I was still bleeding, but it got heavier, I had clots etc - was definitely a period (although because I was expressing m/w said it wasn't, but it WAS!!).

yours sounds similar to mine I think, so is quite possibly just the return of your normal periods.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular