Concerns

Angeb
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:46 pm 
Post subject: Concerns
This is my first pregnancy and I am having some concerns. I went into my OB’s office on Monday, Jan. 14 2008 for my first exam, blood test and u/s. My u/s showed two yolk sacks and also showed I was only 6 weeks pregnant. We did see a fetal pole in one of the sacs but nothing in the other but we did not hear a heart beat at this point – which to my understanding is not a bad thing?!?
Before I left my doctor’s office he wanted me to take a gallon container and collect my urine for a 24 hour period to see how much protein I was losing, when I brought my test back in on Wednesday my doctor did another BHCG test, he called me later that afternoon on my way home from work and told me that my levels from Monday were 35000, and by Wednesday they had only went up to 37778 and he was concerned he went on to tell me I was going to have a miscarriage and asked me if I was having any cramps or bleeding, I told him I was having no such feelings so he told me to come back in on Friday (yesterday) to do another BHCG test which I will get the results on this coming Monday. Are my BHCG levels very low? I have been doing tones of research and according to my research my levels are not off or more or less do not indicate a miscarriage, I am totally baffled by what my doctor had said and for the sheer fact that he also told me that we will possibly have to schedule a D&C, I feel that he is jumping the gun entirely too fast, do I sound crazy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular