C-section.

milliemoo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 pm 
Post subject: C-section.
Hi, Very Happy
I hope everyone is ok. I am 38 wks and was booked in for a c-section last wk by my consultant because of the position of the baby. Its in a transverse-breech position ! (so kinda feet downwards in my pelvis and head up by my ribs.) Tjis is my third baby, both my others were normal pretty much straight foward. This one is proving a right headache!. ( gotta b a boy lol ). I am going in on thurs for my pre-assesment and then going in early on fri morning for the section. I am scared to death!. Surprised I did think that perhaps the baby had moved into a head down postion but i saw my mid-wife today and she tells me that no its still in its odd position and theres not much chance of the little monkey moving now. I am really nervous yet excited to be finally meeting my baby. I have got eveything ready now and my house is gleaming!. Ive even had the dog groomed lol. Is anyone else going thro the same?.
Take care all.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Hope it all goes ok and you must come back on and tell us all about it xxx
lozNic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject: good luck! Try not to worry x x
Ive been told that although a c-section is painful afterwards (but they do give you painkillers for at home), it isnt a complicaited operation and once youre anathitised the surgeon can have your baby out in 60 sconds! Im 34 weeks and have sort of been hoping that i might need a c-section, mainly because they have to give you proper pain relief; im shocking with pain. Id be scared of a c-section aswell though, so it must be worrying, but you never know, some babies do turn realy late on. My freind had a c-section with her first baby and a natural birth with her second (mum and baby were both absolutely fine both times). She said that the c-section was a whole lot easier and she was scared at the time but now wouldnt think anything of it. Both you and baby will be in safe hands. Hope all goes well, best of luck. Let us know whether baby is a lil boy! x x This is my first pregancy, im terrified, could you tell me what to expect? x
littleyellowduck
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Do not be worried at all, I had a planned c section with my little boy.

Yes it was quite painful afterwards, but the painkillers really help, and I was walking to the loo after 12 hours, I was only in 2 nights as well.

The pre assessment I had was really helpful. Try to jot down any questions down that you think of between now and then as if you like me your mind will go blank when you are sat there!

I found the staff were really helpful, and after 2 days the pain was really managable.

The scar is really tidy (I asked them to remove my stretchmarks, but they wouldn't lol!)

if you have any questions you don't want to ask, or anything like that, then feel free to ask me, I don't mind.

Suzy xx
Vetnursey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:43 am 
Post subject: I'm totally gutted that i have to have a c-section!
I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first, we have been closely monitored as baby is going to be a small skinny one! which suited me if coming out the proper way! Its been breech for about 8 weeks now and we have now been told my fluid levels have dropped so much there is no chance baby will turn!! We were booked to have baby turned but after another consultant scanning said they wouldnt risk it as they could only find one pool of fluid measuring 2 cm so nothing to actually turn baby in! so of course they have booked me in for c-section! I am totally gutted as i have syked myself up for 8 months re labour and experiencing the pain and was quite looking forward to it! (weird i know)! but to me now we have a date the whole excitment and anticipation has been taken away as the whole thing about birth to me is the not knowing when and how it will happen! I dont know whether its me or if anyone else can relate to how i feel? Of course i'm still excited about meeting bub but it just seems so un natural to have your baby cut out of you! since a kid i've always been told i have child bearing hips and now i'm not going to get to use them!! Laughing Rolling Eyes I'll be keeping my fingers crossed bub trys to come before the date given so at least that will take me by suprise and i might get to know what a contraction is all about! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular