My hair is falling out :(

candie00
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 am 
Post subject: My hair is falling out :(
I had my daughter 3 and a hafe months ago...

I know people say when You'r pregnant You get extra hair then You lose it after You have the baby, So I'm not sure if this is why My hair is falling out or if its for another reason.... But I got out of the shower tonight and when I went to ring out My wet hair .. My hair was comming out in big strains all tied around my fingers..My hair doesn't fall out that much.. Just normal like the average person but tonight it was comming out alot...So now I'm worried...

Does anyone know how long it usualy takes when You hair falls out after You have the baby? And does it come out in clumbs? I had My baby over 3 months ago... And My hair didn't seem to get that much thinker when I was pregnant it just grew a bit faster... Im very worried and I have natueraly thin hair as it is.. Any comments would be very helpful I feel like crying I'm so worried!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 am 
Post subject:
hay candie

totally normal - what happens is that during pregnancy (and can be for some time after, especially if you're breastfeeding) your hair doesn't fall out at all, so once your hormone levels go a bit more normal (usually 6 weeks to 6 months after giving birth) all that dead hair that didn't fall out during the last year suddenly comes away in huge handfuls. It'll go on like that for a couple of weeks, then you'll be back to normal.

Hope that helps - really don't worry about it. Just brush your hair a good few times a day in order to not block the shower drain too badly Wink

Anna
xx
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya, just to back up DevonMum, my hair came out like that on and off over 6mnths ish. Its totally normal hun so dont worry. Its just your hormones still, they can take a good year after birth to settle down!! Shocked Whose bad idea was that!!!
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
mine didnt start falling out until 3 and a half months after giving birth too and its still doing it now, it comes out in quite bit strains too... what i do to make myself feel better about it is brush my hair before i go in the shower so it doesnt all come out in the shower it comes out in my brush... altho im still clogging up the plug hole!! it drives oh crazy pulling my hair out of it all the time!
candie00
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thank You ladies SO much!! .. U make me feel so much better!! I'm glad I'm not going threw this along... Thank You, thank You, thank You! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular