correct sleeping position

carollena
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 am 
Post subject: correct sleeping position
i'm in my first trimester (11 weeks). Someone told me that i shouldn't sleep on my back or belly. It will affect the baby. Is this true?
CL
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:38 pm 
Post subject: Sleeping position
I have read in many books that its best to lie on left hand side. As you get bigger put a pillow between your legs. I try yo sleep on side but occasionally end up on back I dont think it will harm at moment more to do with comfort. (sorry didnt say why left hand side) Hope this helps
sleep well xx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi with both my girls i slept on either side. didnt sleep on my back as it was uncomfy, same as the front. i wouldnt worry about the pillow between ur legs unless u find it comfortable urself. towards the end every position will be hard to sleep in. i found a pillow under my bump useful.
jayellejay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
i dont think it matters where you sleep at the moment, and oull find as you get bigger anyway you wont be able to sleep on your tummy and itll hurt to sleep on your back - so your only option will e the side!! and yes the midwife also told me to sleep on the left hand side, not sure why either though!!

If you have any worries, just ask the doc or midwife! Smile
x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
its to do with the blood being able to circulate better. my midwife said it wouldnt matter if i slept on my right, as during certain positions the baby was in left side was uncomfy.
jayellejay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
ah right... well i dont think it matters like you say! All will be fine!!xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular