please help!!

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject: please help!!
hey every1, i really need some help, my little 1 is 12 wks old,was 2 wks over due, i have her on stage 2 milk and she is drinkin 7-8 ozs of it, she will go up 4 hrs without havin a feed but no more, except thru the night, according to the tin she should b goin 5, she always seams to b hungry, im thinkin of starting to give her abit of baby rice or rusks, if any1 could give me any advice on how old there babys were when they weened them and what hey gave them i would be very greatful to hear from u,
thanks tina x
hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi i cant be absoulutley sure as my little girl is three now but i am sure that i started giving her just a teaspoon of baby rice before her last bottle of the day about 7 ish to help her go through the night at about 12 wks. it did help a lot and the health visitor was happy. we just built up from there. to be honest i dont think at that age they would take it anyway if they didnt want it. there are so many guidlines that we all feel we must follow and the pressure is high to do the right thing. but my opinion is do what is right for you and your child . i hope that this helps you . x
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi there, try and avoid any type of solid food at that age. Babes digestive system isnt fully developed yet and solids, even baby rice, can cause you a few more issues to deal with. Babe is going through a growth spirt about now too so that wont be helping. There is a formula on the market for extra hungry babies, it is more filling and should help. Ask you local chemist of the name and you should find it in a supermarket, or ring formula companys and ask if they make one till you find what you are looking for.
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
hi, jus wanted to say thanks for you help and advice, i ve jus seen my hv as she had her injections to day and she told me its fine to start weening her now as she clearly needs it, and jus to take it slowly,
cheers tina x
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Gd luck with the weaning. I fed both mine at the same age. Some babies develop at diff rates and are not all text book. Im sure babba will enjoy and be happier when not so hungary. All the best. pupx
hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
good luck i can remember that it was great fun and the new facial expressions you will now see are hilarious HAVE FUN XXX
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Goodluck with the solids, its a funny time. Very Happy I hope your health nurse gave you some ideas about what to start with. Im from the era when we were started at 3mnth too and my sister almost died because her body couldnt cope with anything else other than milk even though she was hungry. Thank goodness for the invention of hungry baby formula, it was a godsend for me and my son. It acts like solids in their tummy but is really easy digest.
O by the way, wear a towel, Im not sure who get messier in the beginning!!!! Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular