Baby Acne Advice needed...

cuddlebunny84
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 am 
Post subject: Baby Acne Advice needed...
Hi everyone,

My 4 week old baby has a very bad case of 'baby acne' (as diagnosed by my clinic nurse).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to help this clear up? I have just been washing it daily with warm water and then applying sorbolene cream a few times a day as it is getting a little dry. Does this sound like the right thing to do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laura.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya cuddlebunny, if you are in UK my goodness you are up early!! I use a product called Aqueous Cream, it is a soap substitute and moisturiser that helps to balance the oils in his skin. Now it made in NZ so not sure what you would ask for but it contains - Petroleum Jelly, Emulsifying Wax, Liquid Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol and Perified Water. Sounds like a real concoction a!! but it works really well. I soap him up with it before a bath and it doesnt matter if you dont manage to wash all off cause you use it for the moisturiser anyway!!! Hunter has sensitive skin and it doesnt react with his skin at all. It was a godsend. Hope this is a little help? Maybe your chemist has something very simular? I have also heard Rosehip oil is very good but never tried myself.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular