can i have my sterlization reversed on the nhs

sharonxkids
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 pm 
Post subject: can i have my sterlization reversed on the nhs

hi all im new to this site
i was sterlised after having my youngest son in 1999 and now im with a new partner and we both want a child together i was wonderin how do you go about trying to get it reversed on the nhs
would he be able to get it done too as he had the snip done when he had his daughter 18 years ago we would all love a other baby
any reply would be most usefull
thanks Smile
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi honey we tried to get it reversed on nhs ,as i was only 20n when i was sterilised
not a chance only way they will do it is if your children pass away ..... How evil is that yet they will happily pay for tummy tucks boob jobs and gastric bands .... Dont get it myself
we had to scimp and scape every penny to pay for reversal

it may be differnt in your area
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:00 pm 
Post subject: reversal on nhs
hi quinny
thanks for your reply that is really evil if thats the only way you can get it done on the nhs i think its disgusting that they will be only more then happy to pay for boob jobs i'll have too book in at my doctors see what they can say hopefully they might be able too help fingers crossed Smile
so did you get yours reversed ?
if so any luck yet ?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi honey never know your pct may be differnt fingers crossed Very Happy
I had mine done Augest 08 no luck yet as they took so much tube away left with only one falopion tube and that is only 3cm Sad shoukd be around 8 ...... If hubby wonts his doing dont think that is to expensive ours though is £3500 you can pay on finance works out just over £100 a month we carnt get finance as i dont work due to having disabled son so just paid cash

good luck with wot ever you decide
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm 
Post subject: thanks for the reply
hi
thank you for your reply
sorry too hear about they took so much of your tube away did they explain to you as too why they took so much away ? did you have the clips when you was sterlised ?
and as for my hubby getting his snip reversed ive got a bit of getting round him too be done the coloure drained out of his face but it will all be worth it in the end hopefully i'll get him too book in see what happens

i wish you all the luck with trying to get pregant Smile
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
it may be better for you to do IVF and your OH have sperm extraction, rather than both of you have a reversal.

If you have no other problems you may be able to get onto an egg share scheme where you share your eggs with a couple who dont have eggs for one reason or another, in return they pay for most of your treatment. CARE do it at differnt centres across the county. You would have to pay extra for the sperm extraction and probably ICSI (cos they would have no tails)

As Anna said, female reversal costs around 3500 - 4000 and male around 2000, so that quite a lot of money. BUT you do get lots of tries. Laughing
My PCT did not do it on the NHS cos we already had a child (through a private IVF eggshare scheme) ironic, as if we had asked for reversal first they would have done it on the NHS Evil or Very Mad

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
ClairaBell
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 am 
Post subject:
We tried to get Ians snip reversed on the NHS and we were told the same. The only way is if a child dies and that they were the only child. Its disgusting!!!!
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi all
thanks alot for all your replys been very helpfull
im ever so broody my niece went in too hospital today too have her baby so when i see him i'll be even more broody Smile
could you get ivf on the nhs ? i don,t mean too sound dumb just i dont know Laughing
and would they do it as i got sterlized of my own accord ?
thanks again
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
no honey they wont even alow ivf or iui on nhs as you have children Sad
been there tried it

have you conciderd adoption
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:53 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi ive thought about that as my daughter keeps asking for a baby brother or sister im trying to think of all sort
its silly they wont give it a try on the nhs they do other things like bood jobs and so on
and as for already having children thats silly i think they need too change a few things there . i'll just have too book in at the doctors see what they say
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
yeh i agree think ther pirortys are all wrong
good luck chick
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular